Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 Reasons why Final Fantasy VII is the Greatest Game Ever Made (taking ideas)

Thank you Mercen-X

The list has been updated

I'll likely post the topic where you can vote on your top 50 in the next couple of weeks

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll list a some of my favourites that are not necessarily at the top of (or will even make) the list... but still awesome!

- Arriving at '7th Heaven' in Sector 7. Your first "safe" environment of the game and it was awesome. - "Nothin' like that first drink after a job!"
    - Wall Market. One of the best towns of all time
    - Crossdressing. That is all.
    - The book puzzle with the mayor in Shinra HQ
    - Flushing the toilet (everyone flushed the toilet!).
    - Nanaki's introduction - Going from bad guy to party member. Awesome.
    - FMV motorbike escape from Shinra HQ
    - Fort Condor mini game (why was it not in Gold Saucer?)
    - The Junon parade
    - Messing up your lines on the Gold Saucer date
    - Scoring 300 on "Super Dunk" so you can buy a life-time Gold Saucer pass on your first visit.
    - The Dyne/Barett storyline and fight in Corel Prison
    - Laughing at PC users when the buggy breaks down at Cosmo Canyon
    - Nanaki and Seto
    - Cid in general
    - Finding Yuffie (again!) in Wutai
    - The death of Aeris and her subsequent revival
    - Snowboarding
    - Weapons wake up
    - Stopping the train from hitting Corel
    - LETTING the train hit Corel
    - Cloud finding himself in the Lifestream
    - Kicking Joe and Teioh's ass every time with your Gold Chocobo
    - Knights of the Round
    - Omnislash
    - Having Vincent in your party when you fight Hojo
    - Nanaki in the end FMV

I definitely agree about the "safe" areas, and the hideout below the 7th heaven bar was delightfully campy.

I've added all your reasons, if they werent added already.

Three syllables, folks. SEH-Fi-ROTH. Dude's the friggin' Darth Vader of the JRPG genre- the Iconic villain. I believe they even buy their black capes at the same store...

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    There is nothing jailbait about a 16 year old, not even in most US states.
    I can assure you that in the many states where the age of consent is above 16 (most default at 18), a 16-year-old is certainly jailbait, especially with our ridiculous and constitutionally dubious statutory rape laws.

/off topic (and very late)

I beat the game through and through. Including every weapon, S-classing all my chocobos, going on every date at the gold saucer.. etc. With that said, I can give 100 reasons why it's the best game ever made. Think about this though, for everything FF7 did "wrong" it did something great on a scale unimaginable. Overrated seriously???? Cid's theme song, Tifa's theme song, Aeris' Theme song, Interrupted by Fire Works, and The Great Warrior are 5 songs that are so wonderful that they are on the level of big budget franchise films like the original Star Wars themes. The sub-stories in the game like when Red XIII finds out that his father who he believed to be a coward for his entire life (thinking his father ran away and left his mother and tribe to die) only to find out that his father went by himself through the catacombs of cosmo canyon defendin off monster after monster and being turned to stone still with arrows and darts sticking out of his petrified body, but symbolically protecting the canyon. That in and of itself is such a powerful concept to incorporate as a sub-story that it has most games now adays beat with their main storyline just based on one sub-story of this great title. Now lets add the materia system, (leveling up, Mastering, Birthing, and powering up weapons and armor) limit system, mini games, open world aspect (once you get out of midgar) truly evil villian and the main storyline , now you have really something spectacular. If I had any COMPLAINT about this title is that after beating it many times I do wish I could up the difficulty but hey maybe if we get a remake for the ps4 we'll have that option