Thread: Great Ideas for the gaming industry!

Default Great Ideas for the gaming industry!

So, this thread is where to discuss various Ideas you have that you feel would benefit the gaming industry, or even just yourself, as is the case for my Idea.

We have in this world a little device called the PS Vita. Now with Sony's big focus on doing Download titles and what not, I have come up with a plan.

We know from their set up with PS1 and PS2 games, the PSP was able to transfer games back and forth between the hand held and the console, keeping saves and what not. So why not make this more of a focus for what the system does?

Imagine, Sony Releasing a handheld whose focus was just that. All of the games on the portable would also be available for download on the console itself. Given their similarities, it should be no issue at all to make the game work on the two platforms.

This would give people who don't care much for portables access to all of the games they would want to play, in addition to those of us who want to few games on the system to war-rent purchasing it, we could now have access to it through their console.

That said, there should also be a way to download these games via the handheld for those who care not for the console. Keep the games available to a wider variety of people, and keep your smaller download titles more accessible.

And there is incentive here to own both as well. There are plenty of people who prefer to play on a console, but also have the option to play the very same game on both.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I am sure that I have read somewhere in an advertorial for the Vita that you are able to pause a game on your PS3, transfer it to the Vita and walk away playing it. I'm not sure how it works or if it works or if they've done it yet, but if it all is working and indeed if it has been done, then I think that's what you're talking about. I hope it is true because it's a fantastic concept.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

That seems kind of odd if it's for PS3 games, since I'd imagine it would still need to keep reading the disc to play, wouldn't it?

Mind you, I'd still want more then just being able to pause the game and walk away. I'm speaking of how the PSN handles PS1 game downloads, where you can just transfer the game back and forth between the console and handheld. And I'm saying to do that for all of their games, not just PS1 downloads.

Edit: And doing a quick search, I've found no mention of this function you speak of.

Edit2: I think I found what you were talking about.

Q: Is there a possibility of certain PS3 games using PS Vita as a second screen or peripheral at some point in the future?
    A: Remote Play on PS Vita will allow you to see and control your PS3 from your PS Vita; we’ll have further details to share in the future.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...iant-vita-faq/
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-24-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah, that could be it. I'm sure I remember something about going into the next room and continuing your game on your Vita. So I can only guess that the PS3 somehow transfers the game display to your screen while running it, rather than moving the gamestate itself to the Vita so you can play straight from where you paused. Shame, but hopefully they will do that, too, later.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!