Thread: Eyes on your colour palette

Default Eyes on your colour palette

My wardrobe has gone through a few shifts in colour over the last decade, most notably the fact I used to wear all black (literally; a decade ago every item of clothing I owned was black except for one blue t-shirt) and that was all I'd wear because it was my favourite colour and it made laundry ridiculously easy.

Over time I started to incorporate more blue (mostly through jeans) but shirts and shoes/boots/skate shoes/trainers would always still be black.

Eventually, about four years ago, I suddenly broke this trend for no particular reason (probably on account of a self-esteem boost gained in college) and my colours got brighter. My family freaked the first time I started walking around in a pair of white and black skate shoes and my shirts started to include a lot of greens and browns. Beige shorts became all I'd wear in summer and I went from wearing black socks to white ones, which was probably just as well because for some disturbing reason black socks made my feet grey, even thought I was changing them every day and bathing/showering regularly.

In more recent times, I tend to wear greenish-olive-grey pants acquired in outdoors shops (one of my friends calls it "forest service green" based on some ranger's uniform in some location I forget) and my shirts and hoodies are still mostly black, brown, olive-green and occasionally beige. (Basically I seem to like very military-looking colours despite being a self-professed misanthropist pacifist. Go figure.) Anyone who hasn't seen me in ten years would probably think I was some original character submission to DeviantArt (DO NOT STEAL) and not me at all, and if they were especially nerdy they'd probably ask what I did to player 1. I is witty.

So, with all these eyes on specific clothing choices threads, I now ask you to talk about how you colour your person.

Blog Entries

I usually wear things that are dark green, brown, or black, but almost always with a light blue button-up shirt over it. My jackets and sweaters are all brown or black, and my undershirts are all black. The only pants I have other than ACU and BDU are khaki or black jeans. I had some blue jeans a while ago but I have no idea where they went.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

A few years ago I noticed that pretty much everything I owned was some sort of blue color, typically a dark blue. Since then, I have cultivated a wardrobe full of every color imaginable. All of my jeans are still blue though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm usually wearing a work uniform.

In the rare event that I'm not, I'm wearing a random t-shirt from my closet.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to wear a lot of black. I still kind of do, but I have more colorful shirts now. When I was younger the black clothes were me being a typical teen of the mid/late 90's being angry for no good reason. Now, I just think I look better in darker colors.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wear all the colors but I don't have a lot of yellow as it doesn't look good on me.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

Each morning I choose a random shirt from the pile of black and white polo shirts. If this shirt is black i will wear light cream sort of coloured pants. If this shirt is white i will wear dark grey or black pants. I also have a red shirt and a green shirt for st patricks day/valentines day/chinese new year/christmas and all that jazz. I also sometimes wear my red shirt if I know Im going to be seeing someone i want to seduce that day
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

In order of most common: Black, White, Red, Blue, Grey, Green. I have a couple of miscellaneous colours in there somewhere but my clothes are at home and I can't be assed thinking too hard. Mixing and matching my clothes is pretty easy. I always look damn good, bitches.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most of my t-shirts are black, but I have made a conscious effort to get some in other colors. I do have some button downs that are fairly colorful in that they incorporate more than just black.

I usually wear blue jeans; a t-shirt, most of which are primarily gray and navy blue, though there's a bit of green and red somewhere in my pile of clothes; and a jacket, which is brown and striped horizontally with darker brown. How boring am I? :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I have a pretty even distribution of just about every color.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My wardrobe used to be all colours as a child in the 90s but then so was everyone's wardrobe. Over my teen years my wardrobe became black, black and more black with blue in the form of denim, I had a blue denim jacket which I used to wear everywhere and a dark brown flight jacket my mom brought me which was like 2 sizes too big for me that I'd wear in winter because even massively big for me it was the warmest thing I owned. I used to get girls outside of clubs come up to me and ask if they could snuggle up to me inside my coat, depending on the girls you could fit 2 girls in it with me. If there wasn't black on my body it was a miracle, most of the clubs I'd go to were goth/metal clubs and so I was right down in that fashion group though my clothing never became extremely goth. Then I ended up bringing in a lot of drab olive green and browns. I did at the age of around 19 have an awesome pair of brown jeans which survived me breaking my kneecap in them (well the right knee was ripped in 2 places pretty nastily, I simply asked my mom to stitch a band patch removed from my denim jacket under the rips) It wasn't really until I was in my 20s however that my wardrobe really opened up, it began with t-shirts being brought in colours other than drab military-esque ones and blue or black and instead the colour red made a massive intro. Purples too, my work uniform at the time for Sainsbury's was purple and orange and it suited me so I took the lesson learnt and brought purples and right now I can admit to owning an orange t-shirt. I then began bringing it in to the button down shirts, I have an electric blue shirt for example and a purple one and I broke away from simple solid colour shirts and brought checked ones.

I'll still have a button down on most days since I enjoy wearing them, but it's increasingly more common that the shirt I'm wearing will either be checked or another colour other than black.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

My wardrobe consists of black clothing and a coonskin hat.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, in high school mine was mostly blacks and greys, all T-shirts, jeans, and hoodies, but now it's all fugly secretary shirts and tank tops for the weekend. I've been searching for the perfect summer dress. I found it, but by the time I had room in my budget to buy an item of clothing, it was gone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Purple, sky blue, magenta, and white.

Men colors.