Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mourning the death of the manual.

Its one of those inevitability things. Like getting scuffs on new shoes the day after buying them. It can't NOT happen :P

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Off topic question: If you had brown shoes, could you not just wear them while you game and poop on the scuffs when you poop? Seems to me like this would solve all your problems.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lovely thread. I adored Vivi's comments

My favourite game manuals were definitely from the Super Nintendo era. Fleshed out, full-colour beauties that filled a youngsters head with excitement and wonder.

The pinnacle for me though was 'A Link to the Past'. From the opening story background it was filled with great artwork. It showed you all the collectible items you could come across which really whetted your appetite for playing the game. Along with what weapons you could locate to vanquish enemies with.

There was a brief description of some of the enemies you expect to find... again with great artwork to accompany it.

I was hugely disappointed when I opened my copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss recently to be confronted with a tiny game card and not much else. I know there is a detailed guide on screen but it just isn't the same for me.

I'll miss the days sat on the carpet with your trusty manual at your side... ready and waiting to aid you in moments of despair.

I loved the Grand Theft Auto manuals. So much fun.

Otherwise I don't think I've looked at a manual in years. The controls and so on are usually in the tutorial part of the game, so I don't bother looking at the manual unless its interesting or pretty. I guess I don't mind that they're disappearing, because the small ones are basically a waste of ink and paper

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked the Halo: CE manual that told you all about the weapons.