Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Gaming Competition - Sonic 2 and Brood War redux

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

no no no no no no I got called in to work tomorrow! UGHHH I'll be home at 9:20 pm Central time? if you guys are still gaming lol

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's unfortunate Freya. I may or may not still be up then. That's around 11:30 or so my time I think, and I was up early to go into the office and bust my ass on some extra work. If I'm still up I'll gladly have a game with you at least.

I managed to get my game up and running and connecting to Battlenet just fine (had some issues earlier). I created my account on the US East server and obviously recommend everyone else do the same. Hopefully there won't be lag issues for you Bubba, but we can try the different servers out if that's the case. My account name on there is Vivi22 so it'll be easy to find. I recommend we all meet up in channel EOFF when it's time to get started.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just on a run through of Sonic for this competition. Not tried logging onto Battenet yet but I'm gonna do that after this run through.

Blog Entries

Signed in successfully as MDNA. Were we going to do a voice chat?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quick message since we're starting in a few minutes: the game name is Practice and the password is EOFF. We'll wait a bit longer since Bubba hasn't shown up, but then we'll get on with things if no one else shows up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Give me ten minutes! I thought it was 11pm my time but it's only 10.20pm here

Edit: Signing in now

I need some advice guys. This is my first sign in to Battle.net. I'm at the welcome screen but can't find the game 'practice'

Any idea?
    Last edited by Bubba; 03-24-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quick message since we're starting in a few minutes: the game name is Practice and the password is EOFF. We'll wait a bit longer since Bubba hasn't shown up, but then we'll get on with things if no one else shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    Give me ten minutes! I thought it was 11pm my time but it's only 10.20pm here

Edit: Signing in now

I need some advice guys. This is my first sign in to Battle.net. I'm at the welcome screen but can't find the game 'practice'

Any idea?
    Well if I've missed the start then fair enough. I should have logged onto Battle.net sooner. Maybe I could join the game with Freya?
    Last edited by Bubba; 03-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries

We played a three-player free-for-all. Vivi22 trounced me and edczxcvbnm.

Bubbaforever, are you still online? We can totally do another game or three, I think.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's all good Bubba. We had a hell of a match between me, Madonna and Ed. I'll post the results later. I want to see if I have the replay properly saved so I can take some screen caps and everything. I may try to make it on later when Freya's on. I've got the itch to play some more now.

Also, if anyone is interested, I believe Ed and Madonna are going to have a rematch right now. And since we only had three people in that game, I'm more than happy to try and organize another to decide the last two spots. Perhaps later tonight if Freya still wants to play we can count that game, or we could organize something a bit later with some more notice?

Blog Entries

I think, maybe, just maybe, we may need to add one another on a chat program so we can coordinate better.

My info:
    AIM: tehgeniuslynx
    Live: champagneful@live.com

Ed wants to play another match, so I am going to get murdered again. Cheers.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

We tried to have a rematch but our latency is too high when trying to connect to each other so it didn't happen =P

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, it seems that my attempt to save a replay failed miserably. I'll try and get this figured out in a bit if I can, hopefully before another game. I was really hoping to get some screen caps and include captions displaying my usual lack of wit and charm, but it's no dice unless ed fared better with the replay up until he was eliminated.

Blog Entries

I took all of three screenshots; I am very lazy. To hope for a replay video is to be emotionally crushed.

Pretty sure this was right before the next shot. Fall of a civilization and all that.

Two parsecs after the former. You can see a beautiful white pattern on these hydralisks.

Oh, if you were keeping score or some such rot.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool. I remembered just now how to actually save replays (before I saw your last screenshot), and the fact that Starcraft crashes on me when the game ends for some inexplicable reason makes it impossible for me to do. Oh well.

And can I just say I hate Valkyries. I always knew they were good, but god I forgot how good. Nothing like throwing 48 hydras at you and having maybe 10 Valkyries chew through them like they weren't even there. In retrospect, more defilers and devourers would have been good. Slow your fire rate to a crawl and plague you to death.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Anyone still online?