Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leveling system: Love or Hate?

I don't care for it myself, but I gotta be honest: following the YouTube walkthrough by HCBailly really took a lot of the work out of it for me. I HAD beaten the game once without it, but he really does a great job of showing you what's necessary and what's not, and how to really reduce the grinding you'll do.

Ironically I once played and RPG Maker game that used a system that was all but lifted from this game, and it worked way better :P

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Love(d) it. I wish the system had been retained. (Shows back up partially in FFXI finally thought it's not really the same, oh and in modified form in FFT). I enjoy systems, however tedious they may be, that grow the characters based on their actions, not some predetermined chart.

Blog Entries

So much hate.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

The problem with this leveling system is that it doesn't work when you intentionally try to increase your stats.
    The system is obviously designed to simulate the results of your experience during an adventure, and it does work very well at that part of the game.
    It's when you suddenly are in urgent need of HEAL 5 or something that it becomes tedious, it would've been better if you got inflicted by Poison, Dark and Curse a lot in the 2-3 dungeons right before the Whirlwind, that would allow you to level up that spell without actually grinding.

But the way I usually do it when I want to power-level in the end is that I simply walk through the final dungeon as far as possible (while still making sure I can use EXIT, of course), then keep re-entering and exiting over and over until I can make it all the way to the boss.