Thread: I got the Giant's Fist Achievement without even trying

Default I got the Giant's Fist Achievement without even trying

I managed to get the Giants Fist Achievement without even trying. I was playing the Colluseum fight against Lightning and Amodar and managed to earn the Achievement just from fighting them. I haven't acquired any ultimate weapons. I just raised the stagger meter to over 900% and I think it was my Behemoth, whose been my main Commando for a long time now, who scored the 99,999 blow.

So if you want to accidently get it, a maxed out Behemoth seems capable.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

I did it during the same fight, but wasn't using a Behemoth. My Commandos were Noel and a Munchkin (awesome early game Commando there). I believe it was Noel who got it (still 4 or 5 tiers short of maxed), and it was rather annoying, really. I had been carefully managing the damage against Lightning so I could end it with Munchkin's Feral Link (great damage, and a lot of hits, so it is a good one for finishing mobs off and getting the crystal boost with), when all of a sudden the 99999 just pops out of nowhere and all of a sudden the fight is over with that one hit. Was it a critical?

Oh well, nice achievement, little cost.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I also got it without actually trying. I was fighting Long Gui, he was on the ground, deprotected and deshelled on 999.99% stagger and when stagger was about to run out, all three chars did that special attack you get in that situation (Scourge, was it?) and I ended up with a new trophy.

I don't even know when I got mine. I only discovered I had the trophy yesterday when I checked my trophy list.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It was the last one I got. I remember Twilight Odin getting 92,000 (Stagger: 900%) or so when I was fighting the Long Gui for the fragment - that was Zantetsuken. I ended up using the guide's method to get the 99,999 instead of just doing Zantetsuken again at 999% though, mostly because I wanted to be certain I'd get it. I also wanted to get the full six ATB bars anyway, so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience to farm for those weapons.

I think I may have hit a 99,999 fighting Omega, too, without really trying.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

What is the guide's method?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Use the six-bar ATB weapon on Noel, give him Bravery and Enthunder, get Long Gui to 999%, use his special attack. It also says to give him 4x Delicate Iron Bangles and to ensure his health is green (to ensure he gets even more bonus damage). It's pretty much making Noel as powerful as he can possibly be, I guess, and attacking an enemy you can easily get to 999% without killing it first. I'm sure there are other ways you can do it, though. If I remember right, it mentions you don't have to max out his crystarium when doing it that way, but I can't remember for sure (I'm at work at the mo').
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I had to use the guides method to get it on my save. But I never use commando monsters, so that's probably why. My friend got it by accident from a maxed out Chichu
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Use the six-bar ATB weapon on Noel, give him Bravery and Enthunder, get Long Gui to 999%, use his special attack. It also says to give him 4x Delicate Iron Bangles and to ensure his health is green (to ensure he gets even more bonus damage). It's pretty much making Noel as powerful as he can possibly be, I guess, and attacking an enemy you can easily get to 999% without killing it first. I'm sure there are other ways you can do it, though. If I remember right, it mentions you don't have to max out his crystarium when doing it that way, but I can't remember for sure (I'm at work at the mo').
    I find the guide's huge reliance on High HP: Power Surge ridiculous. It gives a 25% damage bonus to a character with green HP (75% to full, IIRC), but that's it.

Compare to, say, Delicate Power Wristbands. Four of those, versus the four Iron Bangles, give a +32% boost to his Strength stat (which is his primary damage stat, unless you do a lot of magic boosting on his Crystarium) and Vampiric Strike 5% as well. It keeps him healed better and keeps his damage boost constant.

I mean, if you really need the extra health, maybe, but I find that Noel is frequently fully healed anyway, due to Vampiric Strike, and he has enough health naturally to survive even attacks from entities like Yomi and Long Gui without the extra boosting (and I haven't even started Chapter 5 yet!). So I'd go for the Strength boost.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I got it without trying as well fighting Long Gui. I am not at max stats but I think I got it when I used Lightning's Feral Link "Army of One" when Long Gui was staggered.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.