Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter X Tekken sucks

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default Street Fighter X Tekken sucks

It has sloppy and clunky controls and seems to lack speed vs/strength sort of stuff. smurf THIS GAME!

Discuss how horrible this game is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Tried it in a gamestop and I have to say quite the opposite. I just had to turn off that quick combo feature as that was the only thing that bugged me. I don't like the xbox's controller for fighting games period so I felt that might be the reason for some of my issues, that and I never felt a comfortable control method for sf games on my ps3 pad either mainly because of Viper, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had my arcade stick.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 03-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Would that mean the buttons and move-sets aren't cut down like they are in Marvel vs Capcom 3 where you only have 4 buttons to choose from? Street Fighter never worked very well on a 360/PS3 controller due to it being a six-button set-up with only 4 face buttons. But with the 4-button "dumbed" down MvC 3 control-scheme it worked pretty well

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a quick play on this at work Friday. I wasn't sure about it tbf but then I don't normally play SF games I prefer Tekken :P

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Would that mean the buttons and move-sets aren't cut down like they are in Marvel vs Capcom 3 where you only have 4 buttons to choose from? Street Fighter never worked very well on a 360/PS3 controller due to it being a six-button set-up with only 4 face buttons. But with the 4-button "dumbed" down MvC 3 control-scheme it worked pretty well
    Well, how many consoles have ever had more than 4 face buttons by default? Besides, serious fighting gamers use arcade sticks .
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just wish they would hurry up with Tekken X Street Fighter!

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Yeah, I have to say in the disagree as well. Hell, I even through a little fighting game party friday night and had about 15 people over to bet and play brackets for a few games. Everyone liked SFxT so much that instead of playing everything we had planned, we ended up playing that almost the entire night. I will say that the characters do seem to all be on much more of an even playing field. That is to say, Zangief is going to play a little faster and not hit quite as hard as you're used to, and Cammy is going to be a little slower and hit a bit harder.

I only have two gripes with the game. The gem system irks me because fighters are one of the last true competitive games. Everything else has had RPG elements shoehorned into it, fighting games were still 1 on 1 and the winner was whoever was better/faster/luckier in the round, nobody got advantages. The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah, I'm mad about the DLC and Capcom's business practices in general. I won't be buying this game, or at least new so they won't get any money from me.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by GhandiOwnsYou View Post
    The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.
    This pretty much guarantees I won't buy this game, regardless of what my interest in it was before.

Blog Entries

I'll wait until the super mega ultra special edition comes out.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Interesting. I am honestly surprised that pretty much everyone but me liked it. I played it with Sephex and another friend. We each played two fights and had enough. To all of us it was one of the worst fighters we have played since stuff like Primal Rage and even then I would rather have played that. FYI, my friend Redboxed the game.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhandiOwnsYou View Post
    Yeah, I have to say in the disagree as well. Hell, I even through a little fighting game party friday night and had about 15 people over to bet and play brackets for a few games. Everyone liked SFxT so much that instead of playing everything we had planned, we ended up playing that almost the entire night. I will say that the characters do seem to all be on much more of an even playing field. That is to say, Zangief is going to play a little faster and not hit quite as hard as you're used to, and Cammy is going to be a little slower and hit a bit harder.

I only have two gripes with the game. The gem system irks me because fighters are one of the last true competitive games. Everything else has had RPG elements shoehorned into it, fighting games were still 1 on 1 and the winner was whoever was better/faster/luckier in the round, nobody got advantages. The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.
    Exact same reason I won't buy it. A lot of consumers nowadays would buy anything from these money sucking game sharks. It's like their on crack or something lol.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Yeah, I hear the complaints and agree with them. I still bought it though. Call me part of the problem, but I've been super stoked with the fighting genre recently, in particular the SF IV and Mortal Kombat reboots. Consequently, I pre-ordered this almost as soon as it was available. That DLC is going to have to be utterly mind blowing to get anything else out of me though. It's a crappy, scheming move, sure. When it boils down though, I'm really happy with the roster they have already, and don't have a problem considering it a full game. My only real regrets are a lack of Blanca and E. Honda on the SF side. I've never padded out a roster before with DLC, and don't see any need to do it here either. I will however have a HUGE issues if those DLC characters show up as God-tier fighters that are near necessity for online play.

I honestly think the game sucks, most of the recent games are very watered down versions of older games, not to mention theres many things Capcom just basically lies to you about (not limited to SFxT).

One reason I don't like the game is the launchers having a low invincibility upon using them, making it a way to stop pressure. Its kinda weird as well when you press two fierce/roundhouse you auto launch smurfing up my combos. That and the game thinks you are mentally handicapped in its trials...

Gems are another reason i don't like about it, especially simple command gems that makes certain characters really strong...like Zangief having a UP+Punch = Spinning Pile Driver...super strong and theres proof of it too. Up + PP = EX and triple P is Super. The motions are already simplified to one 360 motion supers why need this?

The characters don't feel right, Rolento was someone i was into and he does not feel like his regular self at all. No Scooter Jump is a huge turn off for me, and he is way too bs with -1 frame blocked Patriot Circles. Lets not go into how Ono says Tekken chars will be familiar to Tekken players, which is totally untrue...

Theres also the issue of on disc DLC, complete with moves, sounds and movie cinematic all finished but not released to you just so they can milk more money off of consumers. 12 Characters not included despite being done, includes Blanka, Sakura, Christie, Lei, Cody, Guy, Jack, Byran and 4 others i can't think of at the top of my head. They are also selling COMBOS as DLC, as if people can't do it themselves with it being so easy. This is a huge cash cow for Crapcom (or should i say Ca$hcom).

Don't even mention Time Outs, the cinematic supers take so long like almost 10-20 seconds depending on the combo...i call it Scrub Fighter X Time Out...just this weekend there was a huge NorCal tournament and in the top 8 there were tons of time outs and upsets due to the long animations where one person could have won it, but because everything animated so long..Time Out, the other guy getting hits wins!

Sometimes around 10seconds you know its futile to try anymore because of this. Just let go of the stick.

Game is whack, so you aren't alone edczxcvbnm. I treat it like Smash Bros Brawl, super casual.

EDIT:

I just wish they would hurry up with Tekken X Street Fighter!
    Same, when i heard Harada saying that they will have 6 buttons for SF, and 4 buttons for T characters, i was hype. This seems so much more of a serious game compared to this release.

Also this is another reason i hate this game, wtf Capcom...wtf

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/13/stre...man-is-broken/
    Last edited by Lionx; 03-14-2012 at 10:04 AM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I've always been under the impression that Vs. games have always been more about over-the-top, and simplified configurations to make it fast, frantic, and all around crazy. Not necessarily for trained fighters to have top their tournaments