Thread: Kara & Game Trailers

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Kara & Game Trailers

'Kara' Trailer - Kara Video - PS3 - IGN

Heavy Rain Dev on Kara Trailer - Video -IGN

Going by the interview this won't turn into a game, which I guess is okay because I don't see where the gameplay would come from, but it's still a beautiful trailer and I'm kind of disappointed I won't see this concept on a shelf, purely because the story captured me so much.

So to give this thread some topic, what is the best game trailer you've ever seen or at least your favourite, and did the game live up to what you thought the trailer promised?

Mine would be the Another Side/Another Story & Deep Dive secret endings for Kingdom Hearts. Not only were they awesome to watch, make me curious as hell about Kingdom Hearts 2 and wish I had the game right then and there; but the fact that I had to earn the right to see them made it so much sweeter.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

There's kinda already a thread about that trailer.

Though arguably trailers, I have to agree with you about Another Side/Another Story and Deep Dive. Never have I been so intrigued, so riddled with questions that I couldn't wait to have answered, than I did when I saw those, even if the answers that ended up coming to fruition weren't necessarily satisfying.

I also really liked the "Take Back Earth" trailer for Mass Effect 3.
    I like Kung-Fu.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I saw this the other day. Loved it.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Watched it. I'm intrigued.

On other trailers, Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some sick trailers and lived up to the hype.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-12-2012 at 05:45 AM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i really love the halo trailers but can't really be arsed with the game
    actually i really love a lot of game trailers but can't be arsed with the games
    game trailers are some of my favorite things about gaming. some of my faves

Ace Combat Zero Trailer - YouTube - definitely lived up to my expectations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlF6fbIFiCM - when i first saw this i was floored. still can't be arsed to finish a gta game though.

all the gta trailers are amazing actually. i think because from a directional stand point you WANT to see the story they're sampling. actually playing the game takes so long though...the pacing sucks in these things as a story because you actually have to deal with the daily sillyness of these characters.

i even love the gta 5 trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs
    probably never gonna bother playing it much but i mean look at how well made this thing is

there was a big 'OMG' from the net when that stupid backwards slow mo dead girl Dead Island trailer came out. it was a stupid trailer guys... it was beautiful and stuff, but it was dumb. no gameplay, artsy bs, and zombies? you know the game is going to not live up to expectations...
    Last edited by krissy; 03-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post

Ace Combat Zero Trailer - YouTube - definitely lived up to my expectations

GTA IV trailer - YouTube - when i first saw this i was floored. still can't be arsed to finish a gta game though.

all the gta trailers are amazing actually. i think because from a directional stand point you WANT to see the story they're sampling. actually playing the game takes so long though...the pacing sucks in these things as a story because you actually have to deal with the daily sillyness of these characters.
    Agreed on Ace Combat Zero. Epicness all around!

I remember seeing GTA Vice City's trailer for the first time. I was so hyped, and it lived up to the expectations.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    there was a big 'OMG' from the net when that stupid backwards slow mo dead girl Dead Island trailer came out. it was a stupid trailer guys... it was beautiful and stuff, but it was dumb. no gameplay, artsy bs, and zombies? you know the game is going to not live up to expectations...
    I remember how everyone was raving about that trailer when it came out, in a thread here, and I was all like "Uhh...what's so amazing about it?" I remember on subsequent trips to Game Stop I would hear people talking about Dead Island and how amazing and awesome and best zombie game evar it was going to be, all based on that FMV trailer. Then it came out and no one liked it.

I can appreciate trailers that show zero gameplay footage if they're done well, but they do little to get me excited for the game. Unless it's a sequel to a game I really liked. For example, that first little FFXIII-2 trailer with FMV Caius and Lightning got me super excited.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

exactly!

ok, so far, this is the best trailer of 2012

Borderlands 2 Launch Date Trailer - YouTube

although i am disliking the sudden influx of dubstep into game trailers, the borderlands trailer is funny about it. this one is unapologetic in an otherwise good trailer (swearing) for far cry 3

http://youtu.be/J6gnOVJsCsM

the lollipop chainsaw is great too, because it shows you wtf to expect from the game, you know?

http://youtu.be/9N_Kpj80BEM
    Last edited by krissy; 03-13-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

As I said in the Uncanny Valley thread the Kara vid was posted in, I would love to see the game form as a game concept.

Now that I have had a few days to think about it, I think if I heard whomever would take on turning the concept into a full fledged game, I would be worry that they would drop the ball like they did with Heavy Rain (failed to live up to both of the movie and gaming elements simultaneously) in my opinion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

back when Quantic released the tech demo for heavy rain it was amazing. it was literally the first emotional acting i saw in video game graphics of the human face. this is the same thing the kara tech demo did for me so i have nothing but high hopes for quantic, but a lot of people have complained about heavy rain. i haven't played it so i can't comment, but that heavy rain tech demo was spectacular. i'll link it here too.

Heavy Rain Trailer - YouTube

a big part of this was the writing too i think.

most people will disagree for personal reasons but i always loved the new DmC trailer too

Devil May Cry 5 - "My Name is Dante" Debut Trailer [HD 720p] - YouTube

Articles
    Blog Entries