Thread: Diablo 3

Default Diablo 3

I didn't see a thread.

Just announced that it'd be released on May 15th and you can start your preorders now. A bunch of friends and I are going to be playing probably, since we all did the WoW annual pass and get it as part of that package.

Anyone else interested?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have the digital copy from the WoW annual pass as well so I'm at least going to give it a try.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Never been a big diablo fan so probably not....

Blog Entries

I want to. I really want to.

But no.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Already pre-ordered and installed the client...

Lamonda and I have our pre-order in.

I've been waiting for this ever since I finished Diablo 2: LoD all those years ago. It's kinda sad that Blizz is pissing on the fanbase's eyes with its asinine comments and refusal to understand that not everyone has constant net access available. Still, I want to see where the story will take us, and the game looks fun like its predecessors, so I'll most likely give it a try.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'll probably give it a try once the people I know I'll play with have gathered enough items I can mooch until I earn my place.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I will likely give it a try at some point, though probably not right on release.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I had intended on getting it at release, until the freaking Blizzard community manager said:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Community Manager
    Part of my job is managing people's expectations, so... eh... stop it. Stop thinking about how awesome this game could be. Just imagine it's a new M. Night Shyamalan movie. Sure Sixth Sense was amazing and Unbreakable had it's moments, but this right here is the sequel to The Village ... or The Happening ... or Signs ... or any of the movies besides the two I first mentioned. So just like, lower those expectations, but still definitely buy the game please, and everything will be just fine. K?
    While I don't doubt he was being liberal with the sarcasm, that's an incredibly harsh analogy to give a product, much less, your own product, pre-release, unless you hate your job and the company you work for, or you're merely being brutally honest.

So I'll wait until it's five years old and I can buy the game with all the expansions and fancy packaging for $20, like I did with Diablo II.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, that's pretty sad.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I checked my email yesterday and there was a random email from Blizzard asking me to Beta Test Diablo 3. I'll let you know all I think.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

theundeadhero was a ghost the whole time

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I rolled a monk. I had low expectations coming into the game based off of everything I've seen about it but it turned out to be a lot of fun. The first act of the game you're revisiting Tristam and it's old cathedral. They did a great job with it. Of course the graphics are amazing but they did a lot of other stuff I like too. The random enchants on items are pretty cool. There's the typical extra damage from elementals, greater chances to find magical items or gold, but there's also some cool ones like gaining extra experience. The skills from leveling are way different than skill trees but there's still a minimal amount of customization with them. The inventory space is a fair amount. They thankfully did away with random gambling for items and instead replaced it with a steady system of being able to disenchant magical items for mats and then using those mats to craft items with predictable enchants such as a sword with +2 or +3 of a random stat. The companion characters are still equipable but they know have their own sill trees that you can change at any time. Waypoints are still around but you also learn the ability to create a town portal at any time without scrolls in time, which surprised me because I had heard they were gone forever. They also put in earnable achievements which makes me happy. The only thing that kind of annoyed me was that sometimes my companion dude sometimes got in my way. I was playing on normal difficulty and so far it seemed a little too easy. I only had to heal myself three times. Maybe it was just because this was the beginning of the game or maybe I just play my class well. Who knows?