Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Im surprised Lin didnt do the feet sensor thing all the time, She probably couldve prevented the whole Probending terrorism fiasco had she used it to find the explosives/sensed she someone was sneaking up behind her.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

It's probably not something she feels she needs to use all the time, I mean, she did have an arena full of other metal benders. The thing that I found strange was that the arena isn't that large, but no one heard any of the explosions from the zepplins getting trashed!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)Last episode pissed me off. How could they let Amon take Bei Fong's bending away? trout, she was the stuff!

Reaction to last 10 seconds:

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

His voice! Same voice actor!

Also I've said I love Meelo right? I love meelo xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    His voice! Same voice actor!

Also I've said I love Meelo right? I love meelo xD

All this! I was like OMG ZUKO'S VOICEEEEEE. That makes me so excited.

Also, Lin was my favorite character, so I'm super sad. Avatar made a good argument that to benders, that's like...part of their very soul. I'm sad. But seeing her tear up those airships was awesome.

And I love how Meelo airbends with farts. It's so great.

Does anyone else think Asami is gonna flip out and get super jealous and help her daddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I hope not. I've been expecting some sort of change of heart and betrayal from Asami (who's cool and voiced by Seychelle Gabriel from TLA film where she played Yue, which is a nice callback) ever since it was so clearly signalled to us in the bits she's been in (the carting scene in particular), but I sincerely hope that's only a red herring by the writers because it'd be sad to see her go off the deep end.

It's kind of weird how the show keeps trying to balance Meelo's antics and it turns out like the writers don't really know what to do with his character. He has his moments of awesomeness and sheer annoyance, and I still haven't warmed up to him. Perhaps later episodes will prove otherwise but until then I'll remain on the fence about his character.

I'm also curious about Amon, particularly his ability to move despite being bloodbended. Tarrlok's a fun guy as well although I wish he could've gone in a different direction than he ended up going.

Hopefully Koh is involved in the plot somehow, but that seems very unlikely unless later episodes pull a surprise; I just miss that ugly creepy-crawlie one scene wonder. It's just kinda unfortunate how crammed the story is and how a little more breathing room could do wonders for the narrative flow.

Overall, this series has been enjoyable, and I look forward to watching new episodes. I do like all these musical tributes to Roaring Twenties jazz and jitterbug pieces as well as how we've had glimpses of the Avatar theme show up in the episodes from time to time to establish musical continuity to the previous series.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, someone thought Amon is the physical manifestation of the face of Ko. I think I already said this.

EDIT: That sounded rude, and I didn't mean for it to. It was more like, "I'm dumb and can't remember what I've put in this thread."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

I'm sad that Lin's bending is gone and I thought Meelo was the strongest Air Bender of the trio. His attacks, while wild, seemed to be the most potent and powerful. When what's her name (middle daughter) rolled around on the ball I had no choice but to face palm. I doubt they would have just stood there and watched her bounce off all the other chi blockers. :\

I'm hoping towards the end of the next season, or even the beginning, she figures out how to return bending either en masse or to individuals she deems worthy.

I think Amon just blocks people's Chakra so they can't bend. So it's prolly reversible. Cas only Aang was able to actually remove people's bending when he was given the power by the giant lion turtle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah, while his people are "Chii Blockers" I bet his is Chakra as McLovin' is saying. But then the blood bending walkthrough thing is kinda o.O

FFXIV Character

I think that was done to show how extreme and awesomely powerful he is. Who knows, I mean I remember Kotara (sp?) was able to resist blood bending so it could be a skill or something. Part of me wants this guy to have come into contact with an adult Team Avatar just for the funs of it and as a way for him to have learned these skills.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

no idea what they're going to do in season 2 now.

I was disappointed that I didn't hear something like this when Korra finally airbended.

"You can take my water bending; my earth bending; my fire bending; BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY AIR BENDING!!!!" *AIRWAAAAAAAAVE*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah what will they do next o.O

The tarlock Amon connection surprised me.