Thread: The VITA out

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The VITA out

Post your reviews and recommendations of VITA games to help others make good choices.

Dynasty Warriors Next
    8/10
    The graphics of this game are truly amazing when compared to similar games on the PSP, it looks the same as dynasty warriors 7. The music is like the gameplay, which is to say repetitive, and is definitely the worst feature of the game. The edit feature is really fun, and the gameplay is better than 7, especially the new touch features and mini games (steeple chase ftw). A good game, not as repetitive as the old ones, and really shows how DW shines on portables. One big problem I have however is that there are no alternate costumes unless you buy them, and you can;t use edit characters in story. Also, no free mode, but there is a empires version of conquest.

Touch My Katamari
    6/10
    The gameplay is exactly the same as previous entries with only the addition of stretching the ball, which isn't very useful really. With only 13 levels, I would say this game is not worth the $25 price tag, and to skip it until the price comes down.

Super Stardust delta
    7.5/10
    A very nice game, and one of the few you can pick up and put down quickly. It looks beautiful on the VITA, and plays smoothly with no lag or bugs. at $15 for the full version, it is well worth it.

Plants Vs Zombies VITA
    8/10
    the only beef I have with this game is that they replaced MJ with a disco zombie that looks awkward. Also, the game is now repetitive, they added only one feature, and it really bites. at $15, it is cheap and playable.
    Last edited by Hollycat; 03-19-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I posted these reviews in a different thread so I'll stick them on here as well... for the record, everyone should own a PS Vita!

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    9/10 - Stunning looking game. The controls are perfect with the dual analogue sticks. While not all of the touch screen aspects of the game are good, things like taking charcoal rubbings are quite satisfying. Great speech as always with top banter between the main characters. I actually really love the use of the camera within the game as the Vita feels perfect for it. Don't be expecting Uncharted 2/3-style gloss and you won't be disappointed.

Wipeout
    9/10 - I was never a huge fan of the Wipeout series until now. I didn't used to like the tight tracks and constant bumping off the sides. This game is different. The tracks seem much wider and it concentrates more on the usage of weapons which is definitely for the better. I've got Wipeout Fury on the PS3 but I really can't notice the difference between the two. Awesome game.

Hustle Kings
    8/10 - This was cheap as chips and I'd not had a pool sim for a while. For the price it is excellent. Realistic ball movements and a great career mode with different challenges including head-to-heads, tournaments, trick shots, timed challenged. There's also a great range of poool games from 8 & 9 Ball, 3-Ball, Killer etc. I'm not overly keen on the touch screen cue action but that was the only way they could have done it I suppose.

Fifa Soccer
    9/10 - Being English, I was always going to buy this (though it was expensive!). After buying Fifa 12, it was difficult going back to the Fifa 11-style controls. It still plays fantastically well and I've probably played this the most by beating chumps online! Using the rear touchpad for aiming at goal though is a really crap gimmick in my opinion. You end up shooting from miles out when you touch it by accident. Luckily this can be turned off and it's now on usual Fifa controls. The ultimate handheld game for football fans.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Mortal Kombat: 8/10
    Strictly for those who want a fighting game, otherwise completely worthless. Exactly the same as the console version, this game features all previously released dlc and an all new bonus challenge tower specifically for the vita using tilt and touch.
    Again, a pure fighting game, and the best one yet for the VITA

Escape plan: ?/10
    The number one best selling game on the VITA just got bigger with the release of the free dlc Balokis Lair. This is an aescape game completely controlled by touch and tilt. I personally am not fond of it, but I do love the art. You will have to try it for yourself.

Lego Harry Potter years 5-7: 5/10
    If you bought the other lego games, you are going to buy this one. I found this game about as fun as spitting on my own foot. Fun, but someone has to clean it up, and there was no logical reason for it. The story telling in the game is abysmal, and the graphics have been reduced to the level of a good ps1 game.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen