Thread: Article: Grandma Potpourri - Best Final Fantasy Character Ever?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

:monster: The BEST FF character EVER!

Many of you may not even know about Grandma Potpourri but I assure you, she is THE most important character to ever grace the screen of a Final Fantasy game.

Why? You may ask. It’s a valid question. A stupid question but a valid one nonetheless. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just don’t know about her. First of lets analyze where she comes from and what looks like.

Grandma Potpourri is in Lindblum before things go wickty wack there. She sells pots outside the Weapon and Armor shop. It’s a respectable business, people need some place to store their stuff and that’s where she comes in. She even keeps her pots there when they have the festival of the hunt! You’d think she’d put them inside at least, but no. No she lets them sit there. That’s how high of quality her Pots are that she offers! She doesn’t make much of a living off of them but she has a good time selling them.

She shows that it’s important to love your job and what you do. It’s the key to happiness. With all the h horrible things that happen in all the FF games, this is the best advice anyone can give you. Do what you love not what makes you money. She speaks the words of a prophet. If that alone doesn’t make you fall in love with her, I question your humanity.

She is a Grandmother. We never meet her children or grandchildren though. But the fact that she has them should say a lot. She had meant something to someone to have them fall in love with her enough to have children. We know that she was loved because if she wasn’t she wouldn’t be called Grandma Potpourri. She would just be Old Lady Potpourri. She’s revered by her family as the grandmother, the nurturer, wise one.

She even asks you how you’re doing. Everyone else just tells you their story or complaint. But no, Grandma Potpourri engages your character and puts out that care and devotion she puts on her own children and grandchildren.

She’s not the most attractive Grandma but she still keeps her red coat clean and her hair back behind a stylish hat. She tries to keep up to date with the latest Grandmother fashions at least and that’s more than can be said than certain strange fashion choices by characters in the game. She is a larger woman but that shouldn’t garner any hate. She’s healthy for her age which a lot of older women can’t claim! She’s still working hard and looking fantastic at her age. That takes some skill.
    Now this all should be enough reason for why she is the best but you’re not satisfied yet? Pft. It gets better.

You can actually reply to her! Yes! They allow you to actually put yourself into the game and address a character. In which she replies:

She gives you a “Uhhh huh don’t be knocking this game. It’s awesome. You better like it. ” This shows she’s a stern Grandmother. She doesn’t let nonsense get in the way and she’ll set you straight if you get out of line! Wonderful personality qualities.

Now you can experience full on metagameage and tell her the game sucks. This is a very idiotic move seeing as this woman is stern and strong willed as I’ve already explained. She most likely can whip your ass in a one shot instant kill. In fact she does that to the Festival of the Hunt monsters that touch her Pots I’m sure. She may even sacrifice her loved pots to throw at you. When you can sacrifice something you love to defend something, that’s heroism.

But Grandma Potpourri has too much class to throw pots at you right then. No she takes the high road here. She tells you to go play another game. She doesn’t coddle you. If you don’t like it, stop playing and go buy something else. She doesn’t need you in her game. She doesn’t WANT you in her game. You’re not even worth her time if you don’t like it.

Grandma Potpourri is the best character. She is a no-nonsense badass who has a big heart and even bigger pots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Freya; 03-19-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

A beautiful tribute to the most beautiful Gams in FF history.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If you're not having fun by Lindblum, you're doing it wrong. Grandma Potpourri is there to make sure you're not being stupid. Enjoy the game or be potted.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Be potted xD Did you make this an article? xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    If you're not having fun by Lindblum, you're doing it wrong. Grandma Potpourri is there to make sure you're not being stupid. Enjoy the game or be potted.
    To be fair, I don't have fun until after Lindblum. That's when the story finally picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

lulzy article.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Don't lulz and Grandma Potpourri! You're gonna get potted.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You know, as huge an FFIX fanatic as I am, I didn't know she was a character until like, two weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by fierytempest View Post
    You know, as huge an FFIX fanatic as I am, I didn't know she was a character until like, two weeks ago.
    CAUSE I SET YOU STRAIGHT, UH HUH.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Rantz and Freya have brought this magnificent woman to the fore. Good show, chaps!