Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Children Are No Longer The Future

Yes. The more I read books, watch movies, or play games where the central protagonist is a "young person", the more sick I become repeating over and over the phrase in my head "children are stupid." I'm only 27 and I feel so old when I watch teenagers making stupid decisions. For example, I've read Absolute Boyfriend and B.O.D.Y. and I hate the female protagonists and damn them as retards. I don't approve much more of the males either because men are monkeys. But when I realize how much a young woman is willing to put up with for companionship, it pisses me off. I'll say it again. "Children are stupid."
    I prefer stories where adults have learned one way of life and have to sort of "unlearn" in order to cope with reality and to rediscover their humanity. Stories are naturally better when the lead is more experienced and doesn't surprise easy. Don't get me wrong, being experienced doesn't automatically mean the lead has to look old or frail. In fact, they could be a thousand-year-old robot with the body of a child and it'd still make for a better narrative.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Considering people are in their physical peak at age 25-30 I don't see why you wouldn't have protagonists strong enough to fight demi-gods and save the world in this range.

Though it might be cool if there was an FF game that stretched from ages 16-30. Lots of games have time jumps where the protagonist ages, but what if there were many of them and it could really show the protagonist growing as a warrior? Combine that with the ability to show awesome WoR type events in.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

So far, the only game I know of that time jumps repeatedly is the Fable series. I'm starting to lose fanaticism over games with nameless (and voiceless) main characters as well. I mean, I love being able to customize my character but it feels so bland when you realize that being unable to interact (at least through voiceless text) like a normal human, your character can't really express any personality. It's all cosmetic.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We have a lot of adult characters behaving like children. I think that is good enough!

i think more adults too. having a kid is kinda weird when you think about it. a group of teen+ people taking some kids with them on a adventure? p creepy.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I kind of don't need kids because a lot of voice actors dont know what they sound like