Thread: Jacks of All Trades!

Default Jacks of All Trades!

What are some of the most unique job combinations you've created? What were some of the more entertaining?

Tonight I tried mixing a ninja with a summoner. I like it! This combo can deal some lethal damage in many situations.

I'm also toying around with a monk/black mage mix. Another lethal combination. Cast black magic ans use counterattacks to deal barehanded, physical damage in between.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Are the Monk's physical attacks not stronger than it's magic? Also, how does Ninja/Summoner work?

I always like to have a knight with white magic in order create a make-shift Paladin, mainly for the coolness factor, although it is useful for healing between battles.

Currently playing though FFV for the first time in ages (at the ship graveyard at the moment) thanks to playstation network and PSP, so I may yet come across more.

I'm eager to try Beastmaster this time around after developing a love for it in FFXI, being a very under-used job on FFV probably leaves it open for unusual combinations no matter what you decide to do with it - we'll see how it goes.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I always just slap the white magic command on my melee characters for out of battle healing, then go back to whatever they had before. No sense if using the mages mana when the melee characters have no use for it.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post
    Are the Monk's physical attacks not stronger than it's magic? Also, how does Ninja/Summoner work?
    No, the black magic was stronger than the physical attacks. It just helped to have a black mage who is able to withstand physical damage, and counter it with punches.

My ninja/summoner was actually pretty cool too. Dual wielding blades for some nice physical damage, plus she was there to support with summons like Golem or cast Bahamut whenever needed.