Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: May the odds ever be in your favour!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    They should shift the soundtrack style to one similar to the soundtracks of the Transformers trilogy.
    The Transformers trilogy should not be a role model for any other movies.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like the soundtrack, but it is the music of my people so of course I do.

(That is sarcasm. The soundtrack is good, and it's a little folksy, but hipster folksy.)

I liked Mockingjay. I didn't like (SPOILER)How Gale pretty much just runs off to do some kind of crap somewhere else. I think that was a big cop out on character work just so Katniss could justifiably end up with Peeta. It's a bunch of crap to make it about she couldn't choose so they chose for her. Ugh. I was also pretty much heartbroken (SPOILER)when Collin's Whedon'd us all by killing Prim anyway. Maybe it got to me more because I really identified with the "NOT MY SISTER, NOT MY SISTER" mentality Katniss had, but when Prim died I was pretty much crushed. I would've felt like everything I'd done had been for nothing, too.

That being said, I thought the plot was pretty good (SPOILER)most rebellions do have a face, a person that people can rally behind. I think it was spot on that these people in her lives used her, just like she'd been used in one way or another for so long, to get what they wanted. I don't think Snow would've had to spell it out for her, Coin had already threatened her enough. I would've known Prim's presence in the Capitol was meant to rattle me, I would've known she was a sealed sacrifice to make sure I carried out my duty AND to deliver the message that you don't smurf with Coin. Ugh. UGH. So angry.

Oh, and I really loved (SPOILER)that we went from Peeta "loving" Katniss without knowing anything about her in the first book, to those emotions being forcibly taken away and him learning to love her for who she actually was. You can't love someone from afar, without knowing what they're all about. He was infatuated with her, but he grew to love her. I was happy with the realism there, too.

EDIT: I was also really excited that Josh Hutcherson spent a lot of time ziplining near where I live while the movie was filming. Because I will rob the tit out of that cradle. That kid is adorable.

Signature by rubah. I think.