Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trivia? TRIVIA!

Articles

I believe it's 4 minutes actually. Yeah I totally spaced on the everyone lies in Zozo part, d'oh!

While escaping from the floating continent, Shadow fights off Kefka & statues so the rest of the party can escape. How do you get him to rejoin the party before the continent falls?

WAIT!

More specifically, when you reach the edge of the continent and the game asks if you want to wait or jump, you select wait, and wait until the timer ticks all the way down to less than 10 seconds. The timer will vanish, Shadow will come, and you will be able to recruit him in the WoR like everyone else.

Q. We all know Gogo is a throw-back character that appeared in FFV. There is one other FFV character that makes an appearance in FFVI as well. Who is it? (Note: this is for all versions of the game, not just the Advance version, so I'm not talking about a certain multi-armed weapons collector)
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

That'd be Lone Wolf, the pickpocket, if I'm not mistaken.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by espritduo View Post
    Q. We all know Gogo is a throw-back character that appeared in FFV. There is one other FFV character that makes an appearance in FFVI as well. Who is it? (Note: this is for all versions of the game, not just the Advance version, so I'm not talking about a certain multi-armed weapons collector)
    Is Gogo supposed to be a throw-back to Gilgamesh? I never really picked up on that. Or is it someone else?

I believe I've got the ball, here, so to speak...

What is Bannon's first line of dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDragon View Post
    Is Gogo supposed to be a throw-back to Gilgamesh? I never really picked up on that. Or is it someone else?
    Gogo's a throwback to Gogo. Gogo in FFV was a secret boss you had to first meet in Walse, then find at the bottom of the sunken Walse Tower in the third world. You fight him in a rather interesting battle that ends with him sending himself into the N-Zone/Rift(which is probably why he pops up in FFVI), and are rewarded with the Mime job crystal. Gilgamesh doesn't appear in the SNES version of FFVI, but they did add him in as a new Esper in the Advance version.

As for Banon's first line, I don't remember it word for word, but I believe it goes like "So this is the girl who can talk to Espers?" after he paces around and ogles Terra for a moment.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Correct. Ask your question.

In the Advance version of FFVI you are able to obtain one additional Rage that was impossible to acquire in the previous versions without hacking the game. What Rage is this, and why can it be obtained only in the Advance version?

Death Warden (or, on the SNES, Allo Ver), and I'm thinking it's because the formation containing this particular enemy (a monster-in-a-box where you obtain the Tiger Fangs) is supposed to clear for the Veldt in the SNES version, but doesn't due to a programming bug. The bug is fixed in the GBA version.

Is this right?

You are correct that it is the Death Warden, but it's not because they fixed the bug. The Death Warden you fight in the chest still will not appear on the Veldt. There are actually two different, but identical Death Warden formations(both just with a single Death Warden), however. One appears on the Veldt(and was unused in the SNES version), the other doesn't(the monster-in-a-box). The formation that does appear on the Veldt was the formation used for the Death Warden that you fight in the Soul Shrine in the Advance version of the game, so when you encounter him there, you will finally be able to obtain his Rage on the Veldt.

You didn't have the reasoning right, but you're close enough, so go ahead!

Well, if you say so...

Which player character can use Leo's "Shock" ability and why?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Gau, using the Retainer's Rage.

Name the Status effect that only one playable character has, permanently (more or less, anyways...)

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

That'd be Umaro's uncontrollable Moogle-throwing rage.

What is the highest number of consecutive attacks that are possible within the rules of the game (i.e., Psycho Cyan doesn't count)?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Not sure if I can count that, actually, as Umaro is technically under a permanent berserk status, which can be attained by all players.

This status is UNIQUE to one character, although it can be transferred by way of Rippler...however, this glitch was fixed in FF6 Advance.

And I believe the answer to your riddle is 16. Quick and 2 rounds of Genji Golve-Offering fueled attacks.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!