Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playstation 4 to complete the 'Circle of Life?'

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    EA does that?! Wtf.
    Yes, they do, in fact it's common practice now. Which is therefore the reason why people like Quin waiting to pick ME3 up second hand are wasting their time, might as well suck it up and buy it now at market price it'll cost more otherwise. I mean I'm guessing at the cost of an online license a bit but £10 is the minimum I would assume they'd charge, if not more. Considering in most games especially sports titles like Fifa, the multiplayer is 50% or more of the games appeal.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

There's an image that's been circling around!
    I highly, highly doubt that Sony would change the controller shape away from something that's silhouette has become synonymy with their brand.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Kotaku is so full of trout it's embarrassing to read their articles anymore.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

The no back-compatability makes sense to me since they did that with the newer ps3's. (I was lucky enough to buy one of the first models that has it). It is bull to eliminate that feature.

Also if its true that ps4 is coming out in 2014, I am highly disappointed in the console non-shooter RPGs for this generation. PS1 had a lot of them and some great ones, same thing for ps2 and ps3 is just lacking (of-course my opinion).

I'm used to the whole no used games thing since I play a lot of stuff on PC, and it's been like that for years. Still curious how well the console market could handle the transition to that though. Definitely not a fan of systems that lack backward compatibility though. Most new consoles experience a dry spell after they launch, and having the BC on board at least makes me feel like I'm getting some use out of that system during that period, even if it's for older games, as opposed to the thing sitting there gathering dust and I start to regret having bought it.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    According to the recent report from Kotaku the next Playstation is known as the Orbis and is due for release in late 2013.

Current specs reported are an AMD x64 CPU and an AMD Southern Islands GPU, but these are obviously subject to change over the time period. The current GPU is reported to be able to display resolutions of up to 4096x2160, with the added ability to produce 1080p 3D visuals, which is enough to make any 3D fanboy jump for joy, affter the PS3 only managed to scrape 720p.

Major downsides include no backwards compatibility, which resembles the nightmare of the PS3's launch. Sony are also keen to back the elimination of preowned games, whereby new games will apparently be locked to the original users PSN account. However all games will be up for download on the PSN, along with the standard Blu-Ray disc versions.

One final point is the choice of name for Orbis. Orbis is latin for Circle or Ring which, when coupled with Vitae (PS Vita anybody?) would create 'Circle of Life.' Aka, Sony's next generation console collection!

Everyone is looking forward to more information on this, along with that of the next X-Box and maybe some more intel on the Wii-U. All eyes should be looking forward onto this years E3, it seems.
    >>> Worst console ever..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't intend to buy either of the only gaming devices worth any kind of damn (), but I hope that the locking games thing is true so that my smugness can increase and my present contempt for the games industry will prove reasonable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

First of all it's a rumor article on kotaku. No need to get the pitchforks yet.

I've kinda moved on from the whole current gaming scene so I doubt I'll be ready for this by 2013. I'm somewhat ashamed to say I recently bought a tablet over a PS VITA. There's just too many classics and hits on console and portable for me to keep up anymore. I'm still a Call of Duty addict so I may end up getting one anyway.

All that stuff you pointed out is admittedly pretty outrageous. I feel it will be interesting to see a next gen because I do not believe the publisher corps. can adequately support one. Looking at these measures I don't think consumers can either.

Well considering I have had my ps3 for about four and a half years now and probably only have about five games (that I hardly ever play) and will often go months on end without even turning the machine on I think I will pass on the ps4 no matter what the features are.

I used to be a huge final fantasy fan during the original playstation era but I have gotten no more than maybe ten hours into either final fantasy 12 or 13.
    Last edited by darkchrono; 04-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

>implying anyone in this thread won't still pay through the nose for it and its games regardless

there was a picture here

I heard if you put a PS4 next to an Xbox or Nintendo console, it burns your house down.