Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transgender beauty queen disqualified from Miss Universe pageant

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*snip*

[Foa]unacceptable. Don't be an ass.[/foa]

Traitors Can't Hide. Phoenix Rising's Avatar

I know what he said, I'm just saying he's entitled to his opinion. So what if he would be scared if he had slept with someone who was secretly a man (either past, present or future). I wouldn't want to find out that I slept with someone who was formerly a man either. I have nothing against those kind of people, it's their choice and I won't criticize them for it. Hell I wouldn't date a black woman, I just don't find them attractive, does that automatically make me a racist?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Good for her.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The line between the genders can get pretty blurry. You can turn a penis into a vagina, but you can't add the uterus. But, if you're born with a woman's brain but a man's body, you can't switch out the brain. How horrible it must be to really know you're a woman, but for other people to tell you that you're just not because science can't change your body enough for them to accept you.

If she wants to be a women, I'm not going to get in her way. If for no other reason than to not stand in the way of her happiness and well-being.

Though the real bummer here is that science hasn't learned to build a decent penis! Get on that, scientists!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Apparently, your vaginas make better orgasms anyway, so what do you want one for? Pee standing up? That's overrated as well.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't want one. I can pee standing up pretty well as it is.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

How long did you practice that for? I'm kinda impressed, even though I knew it was possible.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Don't vaginas require all sorts of tedious maintenance though?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vaginas are like old cars. If you keep the oil changed, they'll run for a good, long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    How long did you practice that for? I'm kinda impressed, even though I knew it was possible.
    I assume she just uses a bendy straw.

I really have nothing else to add, but hopefully as gender reassignment surgeries become more common they can make better penises so Shlup doesn't have to ask anymore. You know, competition, free market, insert popular conservative buzz words here, etc.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    *puts on Mod Hat*

Hypo if you're going to come in here with an outlandish statement you'd best be willing to back it up and discuss it rather than shut everyone else's discussion out with a "Haters Gonna Hate" image. At best you're being childish, and at worst you're giving poor Pinkie Pie a bad name.

This isn't EoEO so I'm not going to delete your post or anything, but please consider that this is a pretty serious and sensitive discussion/topic and treat it as such.
    At the same time, he did say he's willing to take the debate to pms if people want to discuss his opinion further, since it isn't the topic of this thread. He's free to share his opinion, others are free to comment on it or ignore it, and he's free to respond or ignore those comments. There's nothing here that forces him to discuss or back up his opinion, even if some consider it outlandish.

I think you guys need to lay off HC. He may have chosen a poor way to express it, but I think the gist of his opinion is that he has no desire to have relations with a woman who was born a man, even if 'she' looks exactly like a woman and has many of the physical traits of a woman. That's a perfectly reasonable preference to have. Just like it's perfectly reasonable to only want to date members of the same sex, tall people, blondes, Christians, etc. Do not judge people for their personal preferences here. At no point did he say transgenders are not allowed to exist or be involved in relationships with other people.

On the topic, I don't see why this person should have been disqualified from the competition in the first place, and I'm glad that she was allowed back in. If you don't allow post-op transgenders then you shouldn't allow girls who have gotten breast augmentation, nose jobs, or any other surgical enhancements. Paegents in general are stupid though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Del he didn't say that though. He really didn't say anything remotely like "I just don't want to smurf a trans person". He literally said that he believes trans people are "tricking" men into "gay sex", which is such a disgusting viewpoint that I don't even know where to begin opposing it. He's free to possess his views, and to express them, but this sort of thing is literally - I am not exaggerating, I am not misusing the word literally - causing trans people to attempt suicide. Or to be murdered by people who felt tricked or simply offended by the trans person. I don't think it is unreasonable to demand someone making claims that have such serious repercussions back them up.

13 Myths and Misconceptions About Trans Women: Part One - Skepchick

See points one and especially four.

"Dangerous in that a great many trans women have lost their lives to sexual partners who felt they were “tricked”."

He may not have explicitly said trans people shouldn't be allowed to exist or to have relationships, but that's the very immediate and obviously-traced consequence of what he is saying.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

WHOA WHOA WHOA, what the heck, no, I NEVER said they can't have relationships, and I never will, where the heck are you getting that from?

EDIT: guys, if you have something to say about me, you can say it to me, in a PM. This isn't the topic of the thread.

I'm not sure whether or not she should have been disqualified, because it was a rule, and rules are rules. Then again, rules are made to be broken.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Del he didn't say that though. He really didn't say anything remotely like "I just don't want to smurf a trans person". He literally said that he believes trans people are "tricking" men into "gay sex", which is such a disgusting viewpoint that I don't even know where to begin opposing it.
    I was referring to his most recent post where he summarized his view as exactly that.

'Trick' is a tricky word and it depends on the point of view. From the point of view of the trans person, they may not see a difference between themselves and any other person of their current sex, and may not feel that information is relevant, or would cause an inappropriate reaction, so they choose not to share it with their partners. There is no 'trickery' or malicious intent there. But it is unreasonable and unfair on their end to assume that their partners would view it the same way. I personally would feel 'tricked' if I was intmate with a woman and she later told me she was born a man. There are a lot of social and psychological complexities with regards to transgenderism and it is unfair for the trans to lay those on their partner after the fact.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

...what is this thread about?

oh yeah.

So she's re-instated? sweet. However I don't know if she will have (as much of as before, anyway) a chance to win.