Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transgender beauty queen disqualified from Miss Universe pageant

Blog Entries

Well that cleared that up. I guess I need to actually meet one of these people one time (everyone in Wales is straight apart from Gareth Thomas).

there was a picture here

Banned

I find transgenderism to be ridiculous, being an extreme vanity that never does well. A homosexual does not need to appear to be the opposite sex, in fact I find it to be an inherent contradiction.
    So if one thinks critically, what really are the reasons for transgenderism? There are only two possible things:
    1. A person does not like the role of their natural gender, in which has nothing to do with sexuality.
    2. A person wants to trick a heterosexual person. In which case, this is deception and is driven by some irrational mindset.

This is why I do not support it, and one is definitely not 'bigoted' for being against it either. In all reality, one could even go insofar as to say that those who call others bigoted about it are being highly irresponsible. Transgenderism is clearly psychologically unhealthy and is trickery.

So I say good for them for banning him/her from the pageant. That absurdity has no place in such things unless it is a 'transgender pageant'.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

clearly

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
    I find transgenderism to be ridiculous, being an extreme vanity that never does well. A homosexual does not need to appear to be the opposite sex,
    WELL ACTUALLY your view of transgenderism is incredibly flawed. You're assigning a genetic marker as the end all be all tell tale sign of gender when in fact it an individuals inherent DIRECTION that determines their gender!
    in fact I find it to be an inherent contradiction.
    your goddamn FACE contradicted itself like seven times in this post, sucker
    So if one thinks critically, what really are the reasons for transgenderism? There are only two possible things:
    1. A person does not like the role of their natural gender, in which has nothing to do with sexuality.
    2. A person wants to trick a heterosexual person. In which case, this is deception and is driven by some irrational mindset.
    I think that by narrowing down everything to only two possible scenarios, you demonstare that you're the one with the irrational mindset

This is why I do not support it, and one is definitely not 'bigoted' for being against it either.
    you're not a bigot, but...........
    In all reality, one could even go insofar as to say that those who call others bigoted about it are being highly irresponsible. Transgenderism is clearly psychologically unhealthy and is trickery.
    Trickery? If it weren't for the bigots, whom you may or may not be one, no trickery would be needed! everyone could be what they felt they are, without the gender police beating them senseless (s'not cool to beat up a girl unless they're only a transgendered girl)

So I say good for them for banning him/her from the pageant. That absurdity has no place in such things unless it is a 'transgender pageant'.
    Y'all can ave your own freakshow olympics amirite

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    I find transgenderism to be ridiculous, being an extreme vanity that never does well. A homosexual does not need to appear to be the opposite sex,
    WELL ACTUALLY your view of transgenderism is incredibly flawed. You're assigning a genetic marker as the end all be all tell tale sign of gender when in fact it an individuals inherent DIRECTION that determines their gender!
    I'm sorry, but all that translates to me is "it's okay for a man to want breasts and a puss because other men would otherwise know they are flirting with a man".

your goddamn FACE contradicted itself like seven times in this post, sucker
    That makes absolutely no sense.

I think that by narrowing down everything to only two possible scenarios, you demonstare that you're the one with the irrational mindset
    What I demonstrate is clear thinking and not being some leg propping up liberal extremities where facts don't matter.
    That type of pretentious nonsense has no place in my book.

Trickery? If it weren't for the bigots, whom you may or may not be one, no trickery would be needed! everyone could be what they felt they are, without the gender police beating them senseless (s'not cool to beat up a girl unless they're only a transgendered girl)
    I'm sorry, but all that translated to was "if people weren't bigoted, a man finding out they have been seeing another man would be perfectly fine".

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Before this thread gets closed for being way too off topic I'm going to go out of character and ask a serious question:

When you investigate MtF people who are post op, you tend to find a caricature of appearance. The OP's example might not be typical - after all 'she' is attractive enough to be miss universe canada. But usually they tend to be attractive, and they also tend to follow specific caricatures. Why?

I have a hypothesis that MtF people end up looking 'that way' because they have the stereotypical view that such attributes define what it means to be a woman. For example a bad/good example is Mr Garrison from South Park - he's just himself with fake boobies and a mutilated penis (it's even said so later) - he didn't end up looking 'hot' or even 'like a woman'

Basically I'm crying 'what the hell does 'looks like a woman' even mean?' and the only response I can see when studying MtF post op examples is that it's a stereotypical hyper exaggerated caricature - long hair, big boobs, 3/2/3 proportions...

Am I looking at too small a focus group? Are there examples of 'homely' MtFs? Or 'well you get what you pay for..and these surgeries are expensive' ?
    Last edited by Peegee; 04-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow, you guys are still debating about this. Here; stop being an ignorant pony and go read some actually stories about transgenders. Sum1sGuru, I suppose you haven't read a single of my previous points in my previous posts.
    Trickery? Really I'm sick of this... Honestly what makes you move, think, play games, solve problems, learn new things, breath ect.

Your Brain.

If your brain didn't release seratonin/dopamine to get you aroused the last time you saw a female naked, but it did for all the sweaty jocks, how would you feel?(There is more to this point, just take everything that makes you a man, imagine that all gone, then think of you enjoying everything that makes a female a female. Now incorporate social factors/influence, family factors and influence, predetermined genetic roles, so forth. Everything tries to make you a man, but it never feels good) Like your living in a prison, leading a fake life.

Sum1sGuru just stop being so closed minded, ignorant and so positive you're right. Try thinking you might be wrong and consider the alternate ideas. Then you will see, you are so smurfing wrong.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Oh hey for once this isn't EoEO!

What I demonstrate is clear thinking and not being some leg propping up liberal extremities where facts don't matter.
    The only thing you've ever been able to demonstrate is poor grammar.

That type of pretentious nonsense has no place in my book.
    Sum1 like you shouldn't be writing books.

Why can't you allow people to do what they want with their lives and move on? Granted, I know the answer is because you are a Christian and must therefore cast the first stone at every possible opportunity, but for the sake of argument, why can't people be or act the way they want without folks like you raining on their gay parade?

Also, are you aware that your arguments generally consist of statements like "IM RITE AND UR WRONG AND IF U DISAGREE UR A LIBERAL EXTREMITY!!!!11"? For example, you've claimed that Transsexualism is "clearly psychologically unhealthy" and I might even be inclined to agree on some level, but your reasoning was... well, there was no reasoning. It just is, because you say so. Let's contrast this with our very own PG, who made the same argument in a manner that was both intelligent and respectable:

'what the hell does 'looks like a woman' even mean?' and the only response I can see when studying MtF post op examples is that it's a stereotypical hyper exaggerated caricature - long hair, big boobs, 3/2/3 proportions...
    And there you have it. A reasonable, thought provoking statement about why transsexualism might not be all that healthy. That's already a far cry from anything you've ever posted, but wait, there's more! PG then goes on to admit that there is a chance he could be wrong!

Am I looking at too small a focus group? Are there examples of 'homely' MtFs? Or 'well you get what you pay for..and these surgeries are expensive' ?
    This kind of basic humility seems to be eternally beyond you. You have to be right at all times, no matter what. If someone wishes to be arrogant, he should first at least be intelligent. I think you would benefit from taking your self esteem down a few notches.

That said, there are two things you need to know about PG. 1) He's not white and 2) He's Canadian so the odds are high that he is not circumcised. So take everything he says with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 04-05-2012 at 07:45 PM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I can level with people who argue "born a gender, always said gender", but the people saying that transwomen are merely gay men who who live to trick straight men into sex with them...I seriously hope you're trolling. Because if you honestly think that...well lets just say you aren't exactly in a position to comment mental state and moral standing of others.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Grin

CAN YOU FREAKING ANSWER MY QUESTION INSTEAD OF USING IT TO TROLL?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    CAN YOU FREAKING ANSWER MY QUESTION INSTEAD OF USING IT TO TROLL?
    no
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Grin

Whatever. n1k0 insulted me by saying that in essence i'm wrong. he didn't say WHY but whatever, who cares - I got my answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenovajunkie View Post
    Sum1sGuru just stop being so closed minded, ignorant and so positive you're right. Try thinking you might be wrong and consider the alternate ideas. Then you will see, you are so smurfing wrong.
    I'm close-minded because I explore the evident reasons by which people alter their bodies to appear as the opposite sex?

I usually try to be inductive in how I debate because on the other site I'm on, there is no scapegoating on technical bias. But here, it seems to be condoned and so your arguments actually suffice for others. Sadly.

I'm not going to pull any punches here- neither one of you actually served a rebuttal to my statements. All you few have done is attack Christianity and fabricate an argument having little to do with I actually posted.

There is no looking at alternate ideas when one's own is accurate. I see some of you trying to philosophize on what 'being a woman' is and how it fits stereotypically. But why do you think people get sex changes done? If you want to labor under a delusion or argue the possible 2 percent that get them done according to what you propse, then that's all good and well, but if you bring to me I'm going to reveal your argument for what it is, which is a liberal extremist montage of bologna.

Blog Entries

Grin

btw I think most white canadians are circumcised.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But why do you think people get sex changes done? If you want to labor under a delusion or argue the possible 2 percent that get them done according to what you propse, then that's all good and well, but if you bring to me I'm going to reveal your argument for what it is, which is a liberal extremist montage of bologna.
    Well I think it's because they are deeply unhappy with the body they inhabit, to the point where they are willing to undergo highly invasive surgery to change it into an imperfect version of the other gender, willing to deal with all the hatred and persecution that results from it, and willing to oh smurf it what is even the point you are just a nasty, spiteful, ignorant person who thinks he knows more than people actually in that situation or medical professionals with decades of training and experience, and explaining things to you isn't going to improve anything.