Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I white? I disagree

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Personally, PG and I have won this thread by making you all acknowledge that race exists in the first place. You all are terrible and should be ashamed. Clearly, it doesn't matter that PG is white, because what does matter is that all of you are so obsessed with race to even discuss this nonsense.

Like many things, the status of a minority is very far from being a black and white issue.
    Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Personally, PG and I have won this thread by making you all acknowledge that race exists in the first place. You all are terrible and should be ashamed. Clearly, it doesn't matter that PG is white, because what does matter is that all of you are so obsessed with race to even discuss this nonsense.
    Why should we be ashamed? You talked about it, and therefore put just as much emphasis on it, as everyone else in this thread - and you did it in a more negative light than the rest of this. How exactly do you win the thread? Acknowledging, and discussing, race doesn't matter for tit. Race exists, there is no eliminating that fact.

(When people immediately recognize that you are trolling, you've already failed.)

@DP: You're smurfing retarded. Of course race exists. It will always exist, and why shouldn't it? People are different, so what? It's when people use race as an excuse, an accusation, or a crutch, then it becomes a problem. There's nothing wrong with recognizing the different races and cultures of the world, but it shouldn't be holding us back. It's when you say "ew, I'm not drinking from the same water fountain that ____ did because they're _______. They shouldn't have rights either because I don't like them." That doesn't go just for race either. That's right, I'm looking at you, homophobes!
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by pg
    Race is melanin concentration, Pigment concentration, hair texture,
    skin thickness, skull shape, pelvis shape, muscle density, facial
    features, hand size and hand bone structure, and a number of Race-
    specific genetic illnesses
    BUT IT CAN'T BE smurfIN MENTAL PROWESS !!! THAT'S RACIST

DP is a smurfing homophobe if I've ever seen one.

Blog Entries

Troll, get back under your bridge.

Race is a social construct. Culture is real. PG is just as white as I am and just as black as I am when it comes to race.

Blog Entries

Race is a social construct. Culture is real. PG is just as white as I am and just as black as I am when it comes to race.
    Um, no, culture and society are social constructs. Race denotes genetic similarity.

Also, minority does not mean "discriminated against." It's the classification of people there are less of. For instance, women are a minority in politics. Men are a minority in elementary education. Asians are a minority in the United States population. Caucasians are a minority in certain neighborhoods, for instance the one I work in.

One definition: "A minority is a sociological category within a demographic... the term refers to a category that is differentiated and defined by the social majority, that is, those who hold the majority of positions of social power in a society."

mi·nor·i·ty/məˈnôrətē/

1. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number.
    2. The number of votes cast for or by the smaller party in a legislative assembly.

Stop making up your own definitions.

Also, if somebody identifies with a certain category of people, it is extremely rude to tell them that's not what they are. So, thanks for faux-pasing all over this thread.
    Last edited by Clo; 04-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.

I think PGies definition of race falls more in-line with dividing humans into species. Rut-roh sgettios.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Peeegee is a Canadian of Chinese descent. He's not white, but he enjoys the same rights and opportunities as most western affluent people. "White" doesn't mean trout.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm white. Prove me wrong, bitches.

Blog Entries

My mother is Filipino, but my great grandparents were Spanish. My father is Danish. So what does that make me?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

friggin' hot

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I'm white. Prove me wrong, bitches.
    You're not even close to white.