Thread: Favorite Love Stories

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Love Hina Sim Date RPG.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I quite enjoyed hearing about Otacon and his step mom in MGS2.

Ha! In all seriousness though some of my favourites have already been mentioned. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus being two of the biggest one because they were so simple and didn't throw cheesy dialogue at you the whole time. The relationship between Ico and Yorda grows naturally out of the gameplay despite Ico (and the player) not having a clue what the girl is saying. And Wander's love story is both epic and pretty smurfing tragic. And the best part is you never even know for sure what the relationship was before hand. You only know how important it is to him.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    and hehe

uncharted 2 :}
    I'm going to say this as well actually but with the inclusion of Uncharted 3 as well. I thought that taking the classic and somewhat cliche ending of the hero getting the girl in 2, and then (SPOILER)completely upending it in 3 where we find out they were married and it all fell apart was absolutely brilliant. In fact the scene with him stumbling into her home and eventually falling asleep for a few hours on the couch was possibly one of the most emotionally mature love related scenes I've seen in a game.

Every single Pokemon and the Ditto I leave in the day care.

That thing apparently has a lot of love to give.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Love Hina Sim Date RPG.
    <3

Rinoa and Squall falling in love is just as contrived as Zidane and Garnet. The rich, spunky girl falls for the emo kid with no personality?

It's like a video game version of Claire and Bender. Except Bender was smurfing awesome, and Claire had better fashion sense. But my point is, the trope of the girl falling in love from the wrong side of the tracks is most played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The difference is, Zidane had a personality and Squall didn't. Which makes it more believeable that someone would eventually love him.

Zidane was into Garnet from the beginning and he slowly won her over. The princess and the loveable rogue is nothing new, but for a video game it was pretty well done. Squall, on the other hand, was emotionless, cold, and distant for the majority of the game and then all of a sudden he was into Rinoa, a girl who liked him back for whatever reason (never really explained well from what I remember, but it was a long time ago). It really made no sense to me that they got together other than the fact that it was the whole theme of the game.

Zidane+Garnet is to Squall+Rinoa what Han+Leia was to Anakin+Padme. One love story bloomed slowly out of circumstance and the other was forced upon us because that's what the plot dictated.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree, Zidane and Garnet went well together and their relationship's evolution was fun natural. In addition, I loved both characters.

Quina and Food.

Also, Locke - Celes was a well done one from way long ago, with the whole opera singing general contemplating suicide meets brokenhearted "thief" angle. For its time, very well done in my opinion.

Take care all.

To further the Xeno love, I'm pretty sure Shion was a lesbian for KOS-MOS.

EVERYONE is Lesbian for KOS-MOS.

Even the dudes.