Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles

Ah I miss this game. The Wii was all I had for a while since my house fire. But now I'm back in my old house waiting for a company to finish up with my electronics and get them back my way so I can have a TV and play this again. I was playing it on a loaned TV the insurance company set up for me. I'm gonna be so behind

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Who do you guys like playing as the most in this game? I try to play as all the characters when I first get them, but I just got Melia and I think I like playing as her the best. Her summons are pretty fun to use and they have short timers which means I can fire them off rapidly. Shulk is also fun to play since he has a lot of damage potential.

Also you can tell this game was designed by men because some of the famale outfits are just...inappropriate.

I think I'm only a third of the way into the game and I've already played for 40 hours! That's pretty nuts. You know you are playing a great game when the clock shows this huge playtime and it doesn't even feel like it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

At the end of the day, I think Dunban, Riki, major post Sword Valley spoilers Fiora, and Melia were my favorite characters to play as. Sharla is interesting but also a bit annoying, so I never had problems leaving her to the A.I. to handle since it was a bit better about not overloading her ether gun as I was. Shulk was pretty fun as well but I never felt as inclined to use all his abilities like the top four I mentioned, and Reyn was usually more fun when I built him into an offensive fighter but I often needed him more as a tank which was less fun to play as.

My final time in the game was close to 200 hours, and I actually got my party up to the 95-99 level range. Unfortunately, this made the final boss fight a cakewalk, which was a bit sad cause I can tell the fight had some interesting visual effects going on in it but they never lasted because I just destroyed the final boss. The ending was actually pretty damn good and I love how the last parts of the plot really makes you realize you are dealing with the Xeno team because I mean damn... The last section of the final dungeon is one of the coolest looking dungeons I think I've ever played.

This game is definetly the best JRPG of this console generation. I'm looking forward to The Last Story, but I don't think it's going to really top Xenoblade in the overall production and WOW factor.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like playing as Dunban too, especially since I gave him Haste and Double Attack on his weapon to make him an offensive machine.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait until you learn his skill in his skill tree that gives his critical hits the Drain effect. Combo that with his Aura that makes all of his attacks critical hits for a limited time and he becomes a beast. The game really makes sure the player knows that Dunban is the biggest badass in the party. Considering he's one of the few characters who gets actual anti-Mechon melee weapons that don't require the Monado to be useful...

Blog Entries

So, this is like, that firefighting game right?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Wait until you learn his skill in his skill tree that gives his critical hits the Drain effect. Combo that with his Aura that makes all of his attacks critical hits for a limited time and he becomes a beast. The game really makes sure the player knows that Dunban is the biggest badass in the party. Considering he's one of the few characters who gets actual anti-Mechon melee weapons that don't require the Monado to be useful...
    Doesn't he get those skills that basically make him better suited for running around naked?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He does, but I find once you give him gear with level 6 stats boost items in the slots, he breaks out even with the stat boosts bonuses gained from no equipment. Before that though... he's pretty mean with those skills.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The game does so many things right for the JRPG genre and I agree with Del that the game is definetly the spiritual successor to FFXII.
    You guys just made me