Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened on your first playthrough?

Default What happened on your first playthrough?

Here is a thread in which you may tell the story of the first time you played Final Fantasy VI. Whether it was as III, VI for the PSOne, or VI Advance for the GBA, you played through this game a World-of-Ruin-virgin at one point, and I want to hear what happened.

The only thing I remember about my first time was that I didn't know I was supposed to wait for Shadow, and the bastard snuffed it.

So? Do you remember any details from your first playthrough?

On my first playthrough I got confused at the beginning of WoR. I had to get fish for Cid and I ran around that little island for 15 minutes, then I finally made it to the beach and I could not find any fish. They later showed up though.

Blog Entries

I missed Umaro and also missed that mysterious lady named Gogo. Ultros got inprinted on my brain since that first time.

I think I covered most, if not all, of the sidequests my first time through. I do remember being frightened to have to make 3 different groups of people to attack Kefka's Tower, so I decided to grind on the dinosaur island until the characters whom I hadn't used were all Level 55 and learned a certain set of spells. Plus I wanted a ton of Economizers. Once that was done (and it took a while), the tower was a breeze.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

There weren't any surprises for me because I played the game for the first time in 2009. It was still kinda nice though. I loved Mog.

I remember thinking the part where your party gathers at Narshe to defend the frozen esper was the endgame. :P I was pretty new to RPGs.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I still haven't finished my first play through. xD

I missed Mog, Umaro, and Gogo. But the worst thing was that I didn't know that you were supposed to wait for Shadow.

I was playing with my brother and we argued about whether or not to rename characters. We renamed Terra and Locke, didn't rename Edgar, but were arguing about Sabin. We ended up accidently adding an A, Sabina, and that's how I referred to him for a long time lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I probably have a books worth, but I'll get my most embarrassing moment out of the way...I was playing IV and VI at the same time and I didn't understand the save feature, and thought it was pretty brutal that, unlike Mario, you didn't get to collect extra lives or get continues.. Yeah, I busted ass on both games trying to beat it without understanding the save feature. Sucked ballz when I died! I failed to learn from history, because when I first played PS1 FFVII I was looking for a memory card to save within the city of Midgar...buddy laughed and said I had to go buy one.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Let the optional Cid scene where he dies depressed me to the point where I couldn't play the game for a couple of days. I eventually beat it horrifically under leveled. Didn't wait for Shadow, either. That got to me too because when I was younger he was my favorite character.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The most notable thing about my first playthrough was that I didn't know that you were supposed to wait for Shadow. I never really understood his role in the story at all until many years later.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I thought Locke was a girl. Didn't save Shadow. Thought the Floating Continent was the end of the game. Got depressed about the state of the world during the Solitary Island section and for a while didn't feel like playing. Never found Locke in the WoR. Wrote down the lyrics to the opera so I didn't have to memorize them, and my mom saw them and thought I wrote the opera myself. Had the best gaming experience of my life.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

My first play through I did get shadow because a friend of mine told me to wait. I don't remember if I got Umaro or Gogo but I did get mog. My first impression was just how big the areas where when I first played it when it first came out. I do remember when you first fought kefka to save the esper I got totally owned. I was not prepared. It was a blast playing the game it is still the same. It would be nice if square came out with a 3d version though that would be bliss.

Blog Entries

I cried
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!