Thread: Dick Clark dead at age 82

Default Dick Clark dead at age 82

Dick Clark Dead at 82 - Yahoo! TV

Dick Clark, one of America's greatest television personalities, has died yesterday at the age of 82. He is credited with bringing Americans closer through live music performances on television with the TV show American Bandstand, and later began hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve on ABC from 1972 to 2003, as he suffered a stroke in 2004, leaving Regis Philbin (who just retired last year) to fill in for him that year. He would later return as an in-studio host in 2005, sharing the host role with American Idol's Ryan Seacrest, and would remain in that role until 2011, which would be his final television appearance, before he died yesterday from a heart attack.

Now that Dick Clark is gone, New Year's Rockin' Eve will not feel the same anymore without him counting down the clock. We previously experienced it only once, when he had a stroke in 2004, and Regis Philbin filled in for him that year. Now that he is dead, we will never see him host New Year's Eve ever again.

Dick Clark: November 30, 1929 - April 18, 2012

Farewell, and RIP.
    Is that your final answer?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That guy never seemed to age. I can't believe he was 82.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    That guy never seemed to age. I can't believe he was 82.
    Yeah I thought the same thing. Guy looked incredible for his age.
    I like Kung-Fu.

It's going to be strange ringing in the New Year without Dick counting it down. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    It's going to be strange ringing in the New Year without Dick counting it down. RIP.
    smurf that. Hologram Tupac at Cochella, Hologram Dick Clark at New Years.

Hey, check this out: I just found this article now:

The Bennington Vale Evening Transcript: Dick Clark's Death Spurs Concerns That 2013 Won't Come

Apparently, some people have interpreted Dick Clark's death as an omen for stating that 2013 will not come, as the Mayan calendar states that December 21, 2012 will be the "end of the world," and the fact that Clark died in 2012 seems to tie into that.

Personally, I think that there will be a December 22, 2012, and subsequently a January 1, 2013 after that, but the fact that some people interpret Clark's death as an omen for 2013 not coming has certainly caught my attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There better be at 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm pretty sure new years existed before Dick Clark was born so they'll probably still exist after he's gone.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

True, you're right, but it was he who pioneered the holiday as a major celebration.

I can't help but wonder what New Year's Rockin' Eve 2013 will be like without him, though...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    True, you're right, but it was he who pioneered the holiday as a major celebration.

I can't help but wonder what New Year's Rockin' Eve 2013 will be like without him, though...
    I don't think that word means what you think it means. And it'll probably be just like it was when Ryan Seacrest was doing it after Clark had medical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Ha.

No.

Blog Entries

I pretty much have no idea who Dick Clark is, but the episode of FRIENDS where theyre one of the party people at new years rocking eve party (the one with the routine) was one of my favourites.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!