Thread: Full-Powered Ultima

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo Full-Powered Ultima

Has anyone ever been bored enough to do this? I have a file working on it but god is it a painful process. I know it's not worth it but it seems to me like its the bragging rights of this game. Like beating Warmech in FFI or getting FEOKs in FFIII, or Adamant Armor in FFIV.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Nope, I just beat the damn thing and was done with it.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I've heard Ultima is bugged and doesn't do damage based on how it's supposed to. Really, it's a useless spell.

The most I've ever gotten Utlima to do was ~6000 with Minwu on SoR. Strangely enough, Firion has similar spell and weapon levels in the main game (both have at least level 8 spells for everything and level 10 weapons for everything), but his Ultima does around ~1700 only. Minwu's Spirit is 99 and his Intelligence is 16, while Firion's Spirit is 99 and his Intelligence is 73. This is the PSP version, but I've had similar experiences with Minwu's Ultima in the GBA version being insanely more powerful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by industrial View Post
    I've heard Ultima is bugged and doesn't do damage based on how it's supposed to. Really, it's a useless spell.
    That's only in the NES version. It works as its supposed to in the PS, GBA, and PSP version (I've tested this out myself in all the versions by training up the Ultima spells as well as the Ultima caster's other spells).

Sorry, but if you haven't played FFII and tested Ultima out for yourself, you really shouldn't be commenting.

Evastio, how many spells did Firion and Minwu have? Also, how strong were the enemies you were fighting?

I noticed that it did work as intended in Origins, but by no means did I level everything to 16. When I first had Maria using it, her Ultima was at 1 and I had 4 or 5 spells between level 3 and 6, the rest were 1. By end game, Ultima was level 7 and the other leveled spells were now 7 or 8.

By end game, Ultima was dealing 3x or 4x as much damage as when I first had it. But considering that it was dealing 70~80 damage at first, I'm not sure how you would feel about that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Ultima checks your Spirit or Intelligence, just your spells levels (and maybe weapons?) But it will raise your Spirit when used because it is a white magic.