Thread: Dumb question :B Help me out guise!

Default Dumb question :B Help me out guise!

So this is like, the 5th time I've played through this game, but somehow this question has never occurred to me before, and I don't know what to search for to find it...when you switch junctions between people, what happens with their magic? Because I put (is it still a spoiler?...) to have a go, and they had no magic, but when I swapped junctions, then swapped them back, there was still magic there. So surely, if magic switches, they should have had none and it should have gone back to the original person, right? And if it doesn't, they still should have had none. I'm just wondering because I have 3 inactive people who are wasting their magic by holding onto it...also I'm heaps confused.

To add to my confusion, that 'old spoiler' thing doesn't look like it showed up and I feel like that's probably what it's supposed to do as a joke...either way, it was Edea in that part just before Esthar and if I'm spoiling it for you this late, you deserve to be spoiled.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If you're using Switch in the Junction menu, then all magic switches, not just Junctioned magic. If you want to say, move spells from your inactive party members to your active ones so that your inactive party members have no magic, go to the Magic menu instead. You can move them one spell at a time, or have one party member give/take all spells to/from another.

Haha, yeah nah I know how to move magic and stuff if I want to, I was just confused about whether the rest of it switches in the junction exchange. Well, time to do some magic shuffling then, I guess. Thanks

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

By far the easiest thing to do is set up three characters with magic and Junctions and then just trade those when you want to switch characters. It's not the most optimised but with a half decent set up, it doesn't matter anyway.

also wtf kerrod's in town

Haha! Dakoda, yes I'm back, for just long enough to embarrass myself through my lack of knowledge about a game that I've had since I was 9 and realize how out of the loop I am; "Old Spoiler"?! What?! I used to know this site maaan.