Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Versus XIII turning into a Duke Nukem Forever?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    It will either get released in the twilight days of the PS3 or bankrupt SE before they finish it.
    Or the semi-finished product will be added as an unlockable min-game in Final Fantasy 17.
    Final Fantasy XIII-4*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I just have no interest in the XIII world so Versus is just kinda a meh to me. Why do they need so many spin offs of this world? Move on already!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure how exciting it will be when it comes out, I forsee it running into the issue that Duke Nukem had where the original team tried to come up with some new ideas to make FPS titles interesting and finding out while they were developing it that other companies beat them to it. I see a few things in Xenoblade Chronicles that were suppose to be technical feature for Versus XIII like weather effects and other environmental effects. So I wouldn't be surprised if during its attempts to cram in all these new features that other games don't simply catch up and steal its thunder. I also agree that it will most likely show up at the end of the PS3's life cycle, probably around the same time as the Last Guardian.

The game will do well regardless since the FF brand name alone guarantees at least 500,000 units to be sold for high profile entries in the first week, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up simply being a high mark for a dying system instead of "the game that will put FF back at the forefront of the gaming world" like some fans are hoping it will do. I've honestly finally reached the point where I wish it would get released so Nomura could get back to being productive and make KHIII before it gets bumped into the next console cycle, rather than because I have interest in Versus itself. Squenix has been playing the mystery tease game so long that I think only a handful of fans are still actively monitoring websites for info, and everyone else has moved on and will wait for it to finally get released before bothering to care. I mean we're getting updates about possible future updates and silly tech info about lighting design software instead of stuff people give a damn about like story info, gameplay info, screenshots, maybe a another video demo just to prove its still being worked on and isn't some pet project that Nomura is doing on the side while he's thinking up new spin-off sequels to add to the KH franchise so he can milk the fans for more money.

I appreciate that the game is getting serious development time, especially after the cancerous disaster that was FFXIII, but dear god Squenix, you need to throw us a bone more than every three years. It's not like every reporter who interviews doesn't bring the game up and give you an opportunity to speak out a little and give us some throw away information.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I just have no interest in the XIII world so Versus is just kinda a meh to me. Why do they need so many spin offs of this world? Move on already!
    Versus 13 isn't in the same world as 13 is, so that won't be a problem. There's unlikely to be any significant similarities between those games.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've been waiting for it forever and I'm still too scared to try out XIII in the meantime. From what I hear I hope it doesn't turn out like Forever because like some of you said I heard it didn't turn out so well.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Stop being silly, Jiro. It doesn't suit you.
    Wat. How do I even come into this? xD