Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: "Cheating" On My Favorite

  1. #1
    by default. Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Runway
    Posts
    11,135
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default "Cheating" On My Favorite

    This is driving me slightly insane. I seem completely incapable of really, truly, loving but one artist at a time. When I fall for an artist, it becomes sickly. If I even consider listening to anything else, I feel like I'm somehow betraying him/her. It just feels like I can't have more than one true favorite at a time.

    Can you relate to this at all on any level? Please, tell me you can.




  2. #2
    Mold Anus Old Manus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    cumree
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Okay, MJN SEIFER, come out, the game is up.

  3. #3
    disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    in the rain
    Posts
    5,616
    Articles
    1
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    i'm a polylistener
    can't relate

  4. #4
    ...you hot, salty nut! fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    17,438
    Blog Entries
    34
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    I can't even name 10 favorite anything because it's all my favorite.

    Signature by rubah. I think.

  5. #5
    Eggstreme Wheelie Jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    26,814
    Articles
    65
    Blog Entries
    1
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I can't even name 10 favorite anything because it's all my favorite.
    This.

  6. #6
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,131
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    While I do have favorites, I certainly don't limit myself. I listen to what I like simple as that.

    In fact, I love putting my iPod on random for the awkward situations it can cause. I'm not talking about something like a heavy rock song being followed up by Ice Cube or whatever.

    This one time I left it on random with a friend and his now ex in my car. For awhile the iPod happened to cycle through stuff we all generally enjoyed. Suddenly, that short dancer jingle track (I forget the name of it right now) from FFIV blasts through my speakers. After what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence, my friend's ex says, "What the **** was that?" I live for moments like that.

  7. #7
    Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    My happy place.
    Posts
    5,544

    Default

    It's hard for me to even pick a favorite genre of music. Picking a specific artist would be painful.

  8. #8
    Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shmocation
    Posts
    9,751
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I'm with Jiro, FoA, Krissy, Sephex and Sharky.

    I cheat on my favourites all the time. In fact, I'm a filthy, musical whore.

  9. #9
    Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Pyeongtaek, sKorea
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    While I do have favorites, I certainly don't limit myself. I listen to what I like simple as that.

    In fact, I love putting my iPod on random for the awkward situations it can cause. I'm not talking about something like a heavy rock song being followed up by Ice Cube or whatever.

    This one time I left it on random with a friend and his now ex in my car. For awhile the iPod happened to cycle through stuff we all generally enjoyed. Suddenly, that short dancer jingle track (I forget the name of it right now) from FFIV blasts through my speakers. After what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence, my friend's ex says, "What the **** was that?" I live for moments like that.
    I recall one time I took like 4 of my buddies from base to lunch in my car. Suddenly, my speakers go quite, dramatic pause... "MAYBE I'M A LION."

    Yeah, I didn't get away from that for several months.

  10. #10
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,131
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhandiOwnsYou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    While I do have favorites, I certainly don't limit myself. I listen to what I like simple as that.

    In fact, I love putting my iPod on random for the awkward situations it can cause. I'm not talking about something like a heavy rock song being followed up by Ice Cube or whatever.

    This one time I left it on random with a friend and his now ex in my car. For awhile the iPod happened to cycle through stuff we all generally enjoyed. Suddenly, that short dancer jingle track (I forget the name of it right now) from FFIV blasts through my speakers. After what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence, my friend's ex says, "What the **** was that?" I live for moments like that.
    I recall one time I took like 4 of my buddies from base to lunch in my car. Suddenly, my speakers go quite, dramatic pause... "MAYBE I'M A LION."

    Yeah, I didn't get away from that for several months.
    Oh man, that is beautiful!

  11. #11
    Kuldotha Rebirth escobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The Great Furnace
    Posts
    17,649
    Blog Entries
    4

    FFXIV Character

    Ninbert Vuon (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I've pretty much listened to the same music I always have. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

    All goblin rituals serve a dual purpose as fertility rites, even the destructive ones. Especially the destructive ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •