Thread: Sephiroth still sucks

Default Sephiroth still sucks

Cool story, bro.
    Attached Images Attached Images

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You know, it is so fashionable to take a swing at sephiroth, the fact is, despite his lack of a concrete personality and any traits other than anger and insanity, he is still a good villain. Yes he is a bit of a copycat for kefka, but he developed his personality a little farther and has an intruiging backstory and used to have a great personality.
    Lay off of Sephiroth.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You are the first person on the internet to rebel against FFVII in some way. Thanks to you, everyone across the world will destroy their copies of FFVII while listening to Kefka's laugh on infinite loop.

Destroying copies of a game? That's terrible! It's just bait for fanboys to help level my toon.

A lot more Final Fantasy fans will always think that Sephiroth was a cooler villian than Kefka. Mainly because for a lot of them ff7 was the first game of the series they played and many of them never even played ff6.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Sephiroth is, in some ways, much cooler than Kefka. Kefka is a smurfing insane clown. He does his role infinitely well but as far as "cool" goes, even Sephiroth's whine whine whine about his mother etc doesn't change the fact he was a super SOLDIER who used a bigass sword and wore a cape. Capes man.

Capes.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Part of Sephiroth's coolness comes in the mystery surrounding him. With Kefka, you already know what you're getting, namely an insane clown who has some funny one-liners. But considering that throughout FF7, you're not quite sure about Sephy's background, plus Cloud can't get his memories straight, and Sephy has a knack for just randomly appearing in places and uses some pretty serious powers over time. It makes you feel like you really don't know what you're up against, and while you know you have to fight him eventually, you're afraid of what you'll find when you get there.

I feel strong sympathy for Sephiroth after playing Crisis Core... It's my favorite game from FF7 series. It's always like that in Japanese games: there are no true villains, there are only miserable people born in a lab as an experiment...

Even if this thread doesn't seem like it's ACTUALLY serious, gonna join in the Sephiroth chitchat anyway.

Sephiroth has never been my favorite character to any extent, but I think he's pretty cool as far as villains go, and I think he deserves his iconic status with that hecklong sword. I've played both VI and VII and do find Sephiroth to be the more compelling and interesting villain, probably because I'm not actually into the "kills stuff for the lulz because I'm CRAAAAY" character concept, but Sephiroth vs. Kefka isn't really the core of this topic, so yeah.

Like WillieBall, my sympathy for Sephiroth grew after Crisis Core, and even if it felt strange to see him being so normal after growing up with him as the nutjob megalomaniac Mama's Boy in the original game, I really liked seeing the fleshed out journey between Super SOLDIER to Super Crazy SOLDIER. We could get by just fine on the backstory of the original (we did for a long time), but for me, it highlighted even more how drastically the discovery of his origins affected him and sent him off the deep end. I do think he overreacted a little bit (hodang understatement), but yeah, something snapped bigtime, and even if his motivations are pretty crazy (THEY'RE TAKING THE PLANET FROM MOTHER!! KILL ALL THE THINGS!!), they are still consistent motivations. Not a perfect character, not my favorite character, but I do think he's an interesting character.

Also, I just have these memories of completely losing it as a little 9-year-old when Safer Sephiroth floated down and One-Winged Angel boomed out. He's legit in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chels View Post
    Even if this thread doesn't seem like it's ACTUALLY serious...
    ...Did I get tricked into making a serious post in a non-serious topic AGAIN??? *facepalm*

Who knows, it could have been intended to be very serious, but I was assuming it's just trying to bait people into a crazed frenzy for the lulz, considering no reasons were even given, heh. Sooo yeah, I can't take it very seriously...though I'm brand new to the forum, so I could be inadvertently making light of Elskidor's srs bznz criticism........

:P

"It's like killing two pigs with one stone." -Laguna Loire

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sephiroth is cool. Simple as.

Yes he may suck... but what he does in his private time is his business.

Well said, sir.

"It's like killing two pigs with one stone." -Laguna Loire

You can't compare Sephiroth to Kefka, being FF villains and flashy dressers are the only things they have in common. Kefka is a cartoon villain, anarchy for anarchy's sake. I mean damn, he's the only FF villain to ever bounce around the screen yelling HATE HATE HATE HATE, lols. Sephiroth has much more of a Darth Vader thing going on. Kefka is about madness, Seph is about menace. Seph and Vader are actually very similar: Heroes who turned to the Dark Side.