Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: III NES Playthrough

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I remember the first time playing how I sold all that dragoon stuff and didn't know about that shop with the spears. So I grinded all the way from early twenties to level 30 in that damn Dragon Tower. Sheesh, Garuda really was a mean bird. One of III's infamous bosses, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Sheesh, Garuda really was a mean bird. One of III's infamous bosses, actually.
    But certainly not the only one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I guess I'm smurfed. I saved my game after my airship was shot down.

That just depends on how prepared you are for the events that follow. The Dragon Tower is there in Salonia, you just have to go to it. I believe it's in the southeast section.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Now I just woke up Unne and can't remember where to quite go, but I did find the Darkness Cavern and Iw asn't able to get there before so I'm guessing that's where I'm supposed to be. The monsters in there are ferocious. I'm guessing you're supposed to use an entire mage based party against them. My problem with that is that I don't have enough equipment to support them. I guess it's grind for that money time.

I was also wondering if it's possible to get the submarine airship again. I left a couple of treasure chests in that secret dungeon alone in fear of a game over.

Oh heck, now you're taxing my memory. I do think you can get the submersible airship again, just remember where you left it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Now I just woke up Unne and can't remember where to quite go, but I did find the Darkness Cavern and Iw asn't able to get there before so I'm guessing that's where I'm supposed to be. The monsters in there are ferocious. I'm guessing you're supposed to use an entire mage based party against them. My problem with that is that I don't have enough equipment to support them. I guess it's grind for that money time.

I was also wondering if it's possible to get the submarine airship again. I left a couple of treasure chests in that secret dungeon alone in fear of a game over.
    You can also use the Magic Knight class (kind of looks like a Dark Knight) their weapons prevent the enemies from dividing when you do damage to them. Also, if memory serves me correct, you don't want to run in a battle in this game cause it drops your defense to 0 for the rest of the fight. Though I could be wrong about that tidbit.You should be able to get the Submarine Airship back, as far as I remember this game worked like FFIV where as long as the ship isn't destroyed in the plot, its still accessible. You just need to backtrack to where you last used it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Where can I buy armor and weapons for the M. Knight class. I look on the wiki page for this job and it says most of the armor I already have can be equipped to it, but that's not true as there are Xs around all those armor and a bunch of those weapons. I'm guessing the NES version only allows him to equip katanas for weapons. I was given one in the cave, but I still don't have any armor for it whatsoever.

FFXIV Character

There's a town called Falgabard on the north-west continent that specifically sells M.Knight stuff. It's number 13 on this map:

http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/3/ff3map3.gif

You'll definitely need that stuff. The dividing enemies don't go away any time soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

smurf THIS GAME!

SMURF THIS GAME!
    Having trouble, are we?

FFXIV Character

smurf THIS GAME!
    Ah, you seem to have gotten it backwards. This game smurfs YOU. (Even outside of Soviet Russia. )

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Man that Cave of Darkness was some old bulltrout! That was dunegon was unbelievably long and it had the highest back attack rate out of any duengeon or game I've played. I wasted time that first couple of times before I got help here getting useless items like the Lamia Scale and Lilith Kiss. smurf those damn pathways that loop on you. Partway through I just looked up someone else's playthrough so I wouldn't waste time going through any of those. The dungeon was so long I nearly ran out of magic with my Conjurer and White Mage. Seriously, that smurfer was long. I can't imagine doing that thing with only one M. Knight or none!

The dungeons don't get any shorter, either. Particularly the Crystal Tower and Tower of Sylx at the end.