Thread: Titanic 3D: not as stupid as it sounds

Blog Entries

Default Titanic 3D: not as stupid as it sounds

I went to see it to see if it lived up to my memories as a child and I have to say it did. And as stupid as the 3D concept sounded to me, it was actually very well done. It didnt wear off like some 3D movies, nor was it constantly in your face. Infact, it's almost like james cameron knew one day 3d would be a big thing and made this film accordingly so theyre are certain scenes where it's very effective like when rose is going to jump off the back of the ship, there is a real sense of height. The 3d actually greatly enhanced my experience of the film, and I dont say that a lot about 3d films.

My only criticism is during the outdoor night scenes they digitally added way too many stars to the sky. It was pretty much a blank sky in the original and I think a few stars wouldve added a nice feel to the scenes but theyre actually very distracting.

edit: oh there was a thread on this already... sort of. I have no idea why it was in the lounge considering the opening post isnt about the movie at all. Someone merge this or something if they want
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, as far as the movie being fit for 3D, he said in some interview that they had to take the movie apart and completely re-edit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    My only criticism is during the outdoor night scenes they digitally added way too many stars to the sky. It was pretty much a blank sky in the original and I think a few stars wouldve added a nice feel to the scenes but theyre actually very distracting.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson Gets James Cameron to Correct the Stars in 'Titanic' 3D | NewsFeed | TIME.com

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I quite liked the stars. I don't usually like symbolism or anything, but it not only showed how clear the night sky was, which matches with the calm ocean and everything, but it also contrasted a sense of calm beauty against the horror that was going on beneath it. Now please shoot me before I sound like my English teacher.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..