Thread: "An error occured with the installed data. Please quit the game and delete..."

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default "An error occured with the installed data. Please quit the game and delete..."

Hello forum,

I don't know if this thread is in the right place, but i'm putting it here anyway.

I was playing Tales of Graces f on my PS3 today, and I randomly got this message while I was riding an elevator in a dungeon.

"An error occured with the installed data. Please quit the game and delete the installed data file."

Is there a way to do what it's asking without deleting my game save? This is my first playthrough and I've logged around 70 hours, so I'll be very upset if I have to quit now. I really enjoy this game.

I thought about putting this thread in the help forum, but I figured more people would look here. Any help would be appreciated.

Install data and save data are separate things. Go to Game > Game Data Utility and delete the install data for the game. You can delete any of the things in that folder and all you'll lose are game installations, updates, and DLC (which you can redownload). Save data is in Game > Saved Data Utility.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank you. I reinstalled the game data and I got past the part of the game where it "froze" on me.

I'd like to add in another question, if anyone would like to answer.

I originally wasn't going to add anything to this thread, but since I'm here and I've already asked for help, I might as well ask once more.

I have Batman:Arkham Asylum for the PS3 and I can never get past the "installing game data" screen. I can't even play the game. It starts to install the game, but it never goes forward with it. There is no % meter to go by either. Is there any reason a game wouldn't install period?

I haven't tried to play this game in a couple months, so if no one has an answer for this one I'm not bothered. Thanks again.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Maybe your PS3's harddrive is just about to get smurfed.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Maybe your PS3's harddrive is just about to get smurfed.
    Considering the Tales of Graces install data problem, this would make a lot of sense. I've never had any problem installing a game, and I've never had corrupted install data after the fact.

If I were you, I'd back up any important save data. If your hard drive dies, you can replace it (unlike the 360, PS3 hard drives are not proprietary), but you'll lose everything on it.