Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

YOU FILTHY JIMMY SAVILLE MOTHERsmurfER

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Look if it's wrong to want to see a small girl getting eaten by hydras then I don't want to be right

Articles

Well the ending sure took a turn for the interesting. I think I liked it.

Oh wow the credits show all the pawns you used in a sort of historic story book thing. Although they weren't with me at the end, Ammon and Carlton made an appearance!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What about Lolita

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good old Ammon. :')

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just grabbed this, it should arrive in a week or so. I'm pretty amped to play it, anyone else have it for the PS3?

BACK FROM THE GRAVEYARD Y'ALL

I just wanted to talk somewhere about how INSANE the final boss for this game is. Wow. Probably the best final boss battle I can remember. You know how sometimes you overlevel and the final boss of the game is a cakewalk? Nope. This straddles the line between final boss and superboss. I had used all but one curative item, including stuff I didn't even realize I had, when I just managed to nick his heart with a magick arrow and that was the end of it. It took probably an hour for the whole combined ending sequence, which was incredible as well. It felt both cinematic and interactive in an engrossing way.

That said, I feel a little cheated that the end of the main story isn't really the end. I've never seen post-game content that seemed so much like intended game content. (It's kind of like the future arc in Tales of Graces f, I suppose...I really need to go back and finish that too.) There's more story, harder enemies, a huge mega-dungeon, areas you could never access before...what am I supposed to do? I feel like investing more time into this game would start being less rewarding, but I also feel like I'm abandoning it if I quit now.

Did any of you guys who played this game beat it, and if so, how much post-game did you do, and was it worthwhile?

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles

Haha, this thread brings back memories! I beat it, and I did precisely 0 post-game content.

If I remember right that boss and calling the rest post game is really just a formality. It's basically part two. Things change drastically and you find out the truth about the dragon and the chosen ones and their cycle and fight for a final true ending

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man. Back from the dead, oh yes oh yes. I have this on my PS3 and I still regularly play it. Gamefaqs has the best community for this game and it is still so active. Awesome stuff.

I've done Bitterblack Island (holy trout, really quite difficult - unless you're a Magick Archer with Ricochet Hunter), and I'm currently playing through hard mode after completing the game for the first time ever a few months ago. I'm doing a Mystic Knight playthrough with three Pawns dressed and acting like Exterminators. Absolutely hilarious, but really quite difficult, because Exterminators have absolutely no armour. xD

I can't wait to fight the final boss again, knowing it will be me from before. My devastating Magick Archer. That will be a hard battle.

Spoiler. That's not revealed at the dragon I believe but at the true ending? I may be remembering wrong though lol its been a good year or more