View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2012?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

0 0%
  • Germany

12 60.00%
  • Netherlands

1 5.00%
  • Italy

3 15.00%
  • England

0 0%
  • France

0 0%
  • Ireland

3 15.00%
  • One of the other teams

1 5.00%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 Thread

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Where the smurf was big Andy would definitely have won. City players scoring both goals, lawl. Referee was utterly dire as well. What was Jimmy Milner doing though, such a total Fernando.

Blog Entries

I timed it. After the game kicked off, it took exactly fifteen seconds before Glen Johnson hoofed it upfield to absolutely nowhere.

Other than that, a surprisingly decent performance from England. I don't think France were that great mind, feeling glad I didn't lump on when they were 14/1 to win the tournament.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought we performed well. We definitely carry a threat going forward. We just need to link up the midfield with the front two better.

France edged in terms of quality and attacking intent but you could tell both sides were happy with a draw.

I think Oxlaide-Chamberlain has earned himself a start against Sweden. He'll definitely cause them problems.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

geez shevchenko
    you're gonna get so much head tonight

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    I think Oxlaide-Chamberlain has earned himself a start against Sweden. He'll definitely cause them problems.
    Dunno. Don't think Oxlade-Chamberlain did too badly but he did often drift inside, giving the French some room to work with down our left, with their right back coming forward. But then again I think he has earned a place by virtue of not being Stewart Downing, really. I'd be happier seeing Rob Green line up on our left wing.

Also Steven Gerrard did surprisingly well. Probably England's best player. I really thought he'd wander off from his deeper role, or get fatigued and die like Parker did, but he stuck to his task well.

Finally... John Terry... not tit?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Parker got severely winded I reckon when he blocked that ball. Playing the game and then getting the air physically knocked outta you like that is going to take it's toll. Still not a terrible game though it seemed like the French were all over us for most of it. Something like 6x the number of shots we had on target. (and same again off target)

Would definitely have probably brought Wellbeck off earlier to get Defoe on. With how our crosses seemed to be going when we managed to eventually get down to the French goal Defoe would've been in his element as one of the best finishers in the league.

Need more attack in the next couple of games though to go through the group stage.

Overall, I think England will be happy with the draw and France not so much. When you have over 60% of the possession, I'd expect you to really put more pressure on. I have to hand it to the English defense and Gerrard/Parker, they really kept France from getting any great looks at goal save for the Nasri shot. I do wonder where the English offense will come from aside from set-pieces, though Gerrard did look very lively which is a good sign.

I think you give Ox and Welback another game, though I agree you bring Defoe on a bit sooner if you are tied. If they have the lead, I actually might consider bringing in Carroll as he has proven he can hold up the ball up-top, which if England are going to play a counter-attack style, they will need that.

I think they could improve in their next to matches as I was not impressed with either Sweden or Ukraine's defensive marking. I actually think England catch a break by playing Ukraine last, as getting Rooney back could negate the home-field vibe that otherwise could pose problems. Of the two home teams, I still think Poland advances while the Ukraine do not.

Through one round, the most impressive team is...... Russia?!!

Most unimpressive is..... The Netherlands? They really have their work cut out for them. Can they get a point from Germany? That match became even more of a must watch on Wednesday.

I was also very impressed by Croatia. I think they could be a darkhorse team.

I think Germany and Spain will get better though I still think Spain need to play a striker (Not Torres though) instead of 6 midfielders.

Take care all.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Netherlands could still beat Germany, they're that sort of team. They were not unimpressive as such against Denmark, just very wasteful.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Most unimpressive is..... The Netherlands? They really have their work cut out for them. Can they get a point from Germany? That match became even more of a must watch on Wednesday.
    Sure is, it's all or nothing for us. It'll either be super epic or a complete drama.

Blog Entries

It appears I woke up this morning and am worse at football than I was yesterday. If that is possible.

there was a picture here

Articles

Who wants to be Stewart Downing?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Well I had to dig pretty deep into the football threads of old but:

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi
    I'd give anything if I could be Stewart Downing for a day.
    I believe that answers your question

Articles

I'm happy to make a young lad's dream come true. I feel like Jim'll Fix It!

Enjoyed the game, and actually thought Terry and Gerrard were among Englands best players. I would have taken a draw before the game, but since we conceded it feels more like a loss.
    Also I thought The Ox played well, would really like to see him start for the next game too.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I somehow woke up this morning and wondered why I had all this bad karma, I burnt food I know how to cook whilst sleeping, I cut myself on a knife... I scraped myself with a plate glass shelf. I essentially smurfed myself up a bit today. Then I came home and all was explained by the fact that I am somehow now John Terry and therefore a racist twat half the time.