View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2012?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

0 0%
  • Germany

12 60.00%
  • Netherlands

1 5.00%
  • Italy

3 15.00%
  • England

0 0%
  • France

0 0%
  • Ireland

3 15.00%
  • One of the other teams

1 5.00%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 Thread

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Right now unless the Dutch get their act together fast they're heading out, Portugal have been all over them since they equalised. This Group of Death day of reckoning is heating up nicely.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Downing View Post
    Right now unless the Dutch get their act together fast they're heading out, Portugal have been all over them since they equalised. This Group of Death day of reckoning is heating up nicely.
    Indeed. So far the Dutch show the same pattern as they have in the other two matches - after the first 20 minutes sloppy-ness kicks in and they don't stand a chance anymore.

This group is crazy - Germany are still one goal way from going out!

EDIT:

Disappointed Bender didn't say 'Bite my shiny metal ass' after scoring for Germany. I think both Portugal and Germany will win their quarter-finals now.

Holland - really awful.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 06-17-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Well, it's official. Us Dutch ended the tournament with absolutely 0 points. Not exactly what I expected beforehand, but with they way they played (aside from the first 20 minutes of every match) the Dutch team clearly didn't deserve to win either. Fair enough I'd say.

My bets are now on either Spain or Italy.

Poor Croatia, they defended beautifully only to be undone by a questionable on-side ruling. Have to say, I really thought they had a shot to pull the upset on one of their counters but they just couldn't finish.

Spain are such a question mark to me. When they play without a striker, they lack height and frankly, they lack a player willing to just shoot the ball when they get in the box. They seem to want to score the beautiful goal over just score. Should they run in to a team like a France or maybe even England who are more in form with chances, they need to be much better.

Italy are tough to read. The Irish were tired by the end and frustrated, so I'm not sure if we saw the best the Italians can offer. I fancy either France or England to really give them a good game.

If I'm England, I really go for the jugular tomorrow. Looks like Ukraine will be without Shevchenko, which really blunts their attack. Bringing in Rooney adds another dimension to their team and I think they need to make this a real statement win here. A Draw will not do. If at all costs they must try to win the group to avoid Spain.

Overall, it's been a real ebb and flow in this tournament. Russia looked so good early and get eliminated. Germany looks a bit slow but still churn out win after win. Portugal are dangerous if Ronaldo has got his head in to the tournament. Spain seem vulnerable still. I think France or England if they take their chances could make a real run of things.

And best of all, STILL no scoreless draws! Let's keep it that way!

Take care all.

Blog Entries

If Spain play like that against England, you'd think even their shaky back line could handle them. Dare I say it, even (SPOILER)Andy Carroll might be a good starting choice.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

what should I rename Cuchulainn to?

My thought is Andy Townsend or possibly "I want to be scouse" but I'm open to ideas.

Petr Cechulainn

Take care all.

Articles

Well that's cute, but I think I've made my mind up...

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

how was that not a goal? come on! was a cm of the ball on the line vertically?

For those whinging about the likes of Greece being in the quarter-finals, at least they have excuses for their limitations, not sure what France's (or indeed England's) are.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah that totally looked like a goal for Ukraine. OH WELL!

Articles

England in not being trout at international tournament shocker.

Not worldbeaters either, mind you, but my aim for this tournament was "Not trout" so job done boys. smurf Italy and the inevitable shootout defeat, come home now, come home proud. Had serious doubts about even getting out of this group, much less winning it.

Italy winning a match on penalties? What madness is this? (OK granted they have a slightly better record at it than England)

Articles

Do you really see either one of those teams being able to finish each other off in 120 minutes...?