View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2012?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

0 0%
  • Germany

12 60.00%
  • Netherlands

1 5.00%
  • Italy

3 15.00%
  • England

0 0%
  • France

0 0%
  • Ireland

3 15.00%
  • One of the other teams

1 5.00%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 Thread

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

that was a really good game

and that last heel goal so cute

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Gerrard View Post
    BIG ANDY FUTURE LIVERPOOL AND ENGLAND CAPTAIN

FUTURE BALLON D'OR WINNER

FUTURE smurfING PRIME MINISTER

OLD MANUS

OLD smurfING MANUS

EAT THAT YOU WELSH BABOON

ANDY CARROLL > ANYONE YOUR PITIFUL NATION HAS EVER PRODUCED apart from ian rush

ANDY CARROLL

PENETRATING YOUR MOTHER

WITH HIS PONYTAIL

WAY-AY BIG ANDY MON
    The entire pub was aroar when Big Andy scored. Me included. Win!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Your namesake wasn't bad either.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    England will lose this game..... just thought I should say.
    *cough*

Match of the tournament bar none.

The momentum shifts in the last 30 minutes were dizzying.

Have to hand it to Roy, he made the right calls on Carroll and Welback and subbing in Walcott. It was the first time in a while that England actually looked dangerous going forward from open play.

Steven Gerrard looks a man re-born in midfield, his passing has been precise and he is running like its 2006. Parker and him are looking like a great duo in the middle.

The only question frankly is... the defense. Terry is clearly slow, Lescott has left some men open and Ashley Cole has looked a bit below his standards. Glen Johnson was actually the best of the 4 tonight which isn't always a good sign. If England actually want to shake up this tournament, they need to solidify their defense.

Two interesting questions for you fans:

1. What's your formation for game three? Clearly, Rooney is in, but do you pair him with Welbeck or Carroll? Does Walcott start? I think you start 4-4-2 with Rooney and Welbeck and bring Carroll on as a second half impact sub. I think you drop Young for Walcott. OR, do you get creative and run a 4-3-3 with Rooney Carroll and Walcott upfront then Parker Gerrard and Milner in the midfield and use Welbeck as the impact sub? Impressive that England actually have these decisions.

2. How do you play the final game? If England can win their last game there is a good chance they can go top of the group and in so doing, avoid Spain in the QF. However, if Spain DOESN'T finish top of their group but comes in second, do you instead play a defensive game and go for the draw and hope maybe France wins the group to draw the Spanish? The fact that Spain will play the day before makes this all the more interesting.

I say you play to win and let the chips fall where they may. Spain look a team in form but I could see them maybe stumbling against Croatia, however unlikely. Still, I think you need to play your best and not leave things out of your hands in to the whims of the football Gods so to speak.

France for its part looked a much better side and I think they could give either Spain or Croatia a torrid match. Was impressed by Benzima's passing and thought they did well to squeeze the life out of Ukraine in the end.

As we stand here now, with one round to go, I fancy Russia and Poland to go through in Group A, Germany and I can't believe it, but Portugal, in Group B, Spain and Croatia in Group C and England and France in Group D which would set up some really tasty quarterfinals!

Great tournament so far!

Take care all.

i thought gerrard and parker were terrible in midfield today. England midfield got bossed. In the 1st game Gerrard was great. Terry looked well past it & was definately struggling. Apart from that it was a great comeback. Carroll was great tbf his header was a bullet, as was Welbeck. His finish was decent. Walcott came on and basicallyt changed the momentum of the game.

Question, do you split up this strikeforce now to make room for rooney? or do you put him in the hole & sacrifice a midfielder> OR not pick him at all?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Big Andy's opener is gloriously good. Could watch that full on superman style pose in the air over and over. What a leap! Still goal of the game has to be Wellbeck getting that back heel in, risky play considering 2 defenders and the goalkeeper pretty much on top of him but Isaaksson didn't know what the hell to do with it was quite glorious. Then again he didn't know what to do with any of the goals England scored. 2 troutty concessions for us, we do need to improve the back 4, the question of how is now what matters, replacing Terry may not do much, he's getting slow but he's still one of the better English born defenders. Would liked to have seen Gerrard score that volley shot at the end, would've made us look more comfortable but the shot was essentially looking to kill the goal keeper with a ball sized hole in his face... an admirable choice unfortunately their Isaaksson survived it and deflected it.

Still could and am watching the goals over and over, 3 very classy goals there from Big Andy, Walcott and Wellbeck, very classy.

Also of note, the UEFA have launched a copyright claim on the irish fans videos. They've been taken down

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by John "THE LEONHART" Terry View Post
    Also of note, the UEFA have launched a copyright claim on the irish fans videos. They've been taken down
    Platini How ridiculous.

Also I liked how it was three young players that scored for England. Perhaps a new mindset for the young guns compared to the usual one of resignment and failure is what drove a comeback rather than the same old same old.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

The back heel was intended to be a pass..... pure luck it went Into the back of the net!
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    The back heel was intended to be a pass..... pure luck it went Into the back of the net!
    I'd like to know who you think he was planning on passing it to? Please use pictures to explain.

To Who? He was the only there. It really is true that not matter how good something is there will always be some pissing on your parade.

Blog Entries

I don't think I need to say anything more on this...

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Hoping some one was behind him? I mean he wasn't looking so could have hoped some one was. That was too damn lucky to have been intended...
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292