View Poll Results: Be honest. Who is your ABSOLUTE favorite character from Final Fantasy 8?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squall

7 36.84%
  • Quistis

2 10.53%
  • Zell

4 21.05%
  • Selphie

1 5.26%
  • Rinoa

4 21.05%
  • Irvine

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rank the FF8 Characters!

My ranking is as follows:
    1- Squall: I really identify with him, we are both lone wolfs, he uses a gun sword, the first of its type (second is Lightning's, which I also love and identify with). Although, he dislikes confrontation, he's in your face and will tell you what he thinks. Lastly, I liked his style and his necklace. Plus, Griever for a pet name sounds really cool
    2/3- Zell and Rinoa, I sort of pair them up because there are things I love about them, but I can't really decide which comes first. I like Zell's energy and idiocy, plus he's got a cool tattoo. As my friends know, and as I usally say: I don't do blondes, but I would definitely do Zell. Rinoa, on the other hand, is the one that comes into the story with a really cool dress, a really cool weapon and a really cool dog and who ultimately is able to penetrate the heart of the lone wolf. So, I sort of saw her as kind of ray of light for Squall.
    4- Quistis, her whip kicks ass. She is also in your face, which is a quality I enjoy about people, although she ultimately fails to be in your face once Squalls rejects her. The way that she is not able to handle the rejection properly and how she spends the rest of the story brooding in the background was what ultimately made her drop from potential first spot on this list.
    5- I was almost going to pair the last two of them up as joint last, but Selphie has the love of trains going for her and plus her weapon is really cool and she rocks in the school girl outfit.
    6- Irvine is just too sad to comment....
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

Just one question...where's seifer???
    ROYALE WITH CHEESE

1. Zell. I don't know. I like him. He's annoying and loud but his heart is in the right place. He's strong and and is very friendly and loyal. It's nice how he wants to protect Edea, somebody who is like a second mum to him. But gosh is he ever annoying. I ship Zell x Hot dogs. One of the best pairings within FF history.

2 Rinoa. Alot of fans deem her as a useless and annoying damsel in distress. But she wasn't army trained like the other SeeDs. It's nice and interesting how she manages to get through Squall's wall and can understand him. She understand his trust issues and doesn't judge him, but instead helps him.

3 Laguna. He's just a nice guy. A little too goofy and his dialogue at times can be odd though. A good kind-hearted hero and leader that loves to help others. A good role model.

4 Squall. smurfing rude at the beginning and rude to everybody else and his reasons why are poor, somebody like Cloud would have a reason, but Squall .... everybody at least once in their life suffers from trust issues and I've seen none of them treat people as smurfing rude as you do. Though he opens up and improves, but damn.

5 Selphie. It's nice to see a happy, friendly and cute character. She's a little crazy at times which makes her interesting.

6 Irvine. He sort of makes me of Edward from FF 4 but with Edge's personality too. Nice character, though a too cliche.

7 Seifer. A huge douchebag and a worse of a rude smurfer than Squall. But his story and character is interesting.

8 Quistis. She was basically the Aerith version of FF VIII. " I'm here, because I want to get in the main character's pants ". Oh please. Expect worse, because when Rinoa came along she got all emo about it and it's not like she was a ugly toad or something and couldn't find somebody else. Oh please.

Laguna is definitely my favourite. Great character. One minute, he's silly and a total dork, and the next he shows that he's got a serious, smart, caring side to him. Not to sound cheesy or anything, but he reminds me of myself. Also, dat theme song.

Oh, this is just for the main party members. Okay. I'll rank them, then.

I'm going to rank Rinoa first. Rinoa's the kind of girl I'd like in real life. She's cute, fun-loving, cheerful and Asian. What's not to like?

After that would be Squall, because I enjoyed his development and he's a really relatable character, one of the most human protagonists in the series. Plus, you can't deny that he gives off this cool aura.

Zell was a fun character. Sure, he didn't get much development, but he was entertaining to watch. He seems like in real life, he'd be a total bro.

Irvine is fourth because he reminds me of a younger version of Dante from Devil May Cry. And he's got a nice hat.

Next is Quistis. I don't have too strong of an opinion on her either way, aside from the fact that she looks damn good with glasses. It was a shame that her character arc was dropped so early; it had some decent potential.

Selphie comes last. She never really appealed to me, but I don't out-and-out dislike her. I'm pretty sure it's the eye-searing outfit and outdated hairstyle that turn me off.