Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public Transportation

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I get buses and trains absolutely everywhere.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Public transport on the coast is rather bollocks but in the city it's like, internationally recognised or some tit.
    Last edited by Jiro; 06-08-2012 at 03:27 AM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Subway, trains, buses, and taxis are the way to go specifically subway cuz you avoid alot of tit you don't have to deal with while walking or driving except crazy Jamaican women.

I'm getting more into driving though since I don't have much of a choice with Cali's lame ass public transportation system.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your choices?

A. A bus consisted of speedfreaks fornicating
    B. A cab driven by a redneck Keyser Soze
    or
    C. A trolly with annoyingly whimsical tourists.

Your choice.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The local bus lines here are terrible, full of nothing but hoodrat ghetto people who want to beg you for money.

And the drivers are terrible.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate public transportation around here.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Living in London has it's perks compared to the rest of the UK, we regularly have transportation redundancy such as 3 buses what serve pretty much the same route and same destinations, often with just a 15 minute divergence in their paths. For example the route 57 and 131 to Kingston only seperate when the 131 goes down to New Malden before Kingston whilst the 57 is quicker because it goes straight on to Kingston. We also have an extensive route of night buses what serve London. They can be slow but they're not so bad, especially since it means I can go to my favourite clubs north of the river and still get home by about 5am even with having left the club at around 3am. That's before I consider the trams, rail and underground networks. I have to get the underground pretty extensively to go work, gym, parents, out just about anywhere. I'm about to go get it now.

I'm really considering leaving London though as the city is far too expensive. My public transportation costs alone each month come to about £140 and that's without even leaving London to go anywhere else, which would probably consist of me paying for coaches or trains. Trains are vastly superior to coaches but also ridiculously over-priced too. When I went Glasgow recently the coach cost around £60 return. The same journey by train was almost £200 and only took 3 hours less time to get there so I just decided to book an over-night coach ride and got in to Glasgow by about 7am.

Blog Entries

I usually take the bus to get to a different area, but if i were to go downtown thats a different story i take the train.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    I agree with Freya. Trains are quite simply the greatest form of public transportation ever. I love my three-and-a-half hour train journey to Glasgow whenever I visit my best mate. Not that I'm a posh knob, but I always pay extra for a first class ticket. It's only an extra £8 if you book in advance and it's well worth it.

Sat in a comfy seat with a few beers, Game of Thrones to read, PSP to play Final Fantasy and a nice lady bringing me biscuits... perfection.
    Now I want to go on a train ride with Bubba.

I take the bus to and from work everyday because it's all we have. They aren't particularly interesting and their schedule generally sucks outside of working hours, but I get to sit on my ass and read while a crazy mother smurfer does the driving for me and that's cool with me.

Blog Entries

You don't take the bus within 50 miles of Detroit because they're infested with "rats". I wish public trans was a viable option here though, I'd drop diving a car in a heartbeat. No more worrying about gas, repairs, insurance, registration....so on and so forth. Im so over owning a car.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Now I want to go on a train ride with Bubba.
    Give me a shout next time you're on the 5.20pm from Manchester to Glasgow!

Buses are by far the worst forms of transport. Unless you're in the back of a hearse... then yeah, that's probably worse.