FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Pink Grin Watch Dogs

The new espionage-ish game announced by Ubisoft at E3. Here's the trailer:

Let us discuss how amazing this looks so we don't fill the E3 thread with our spazzing

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Pretty dern smexy. Loved the visuals. Loved the concept. Loved the hack mechanic. One thing I'm curious about, and will be a huge factor in whether I ultimately enjoy the game as much as I think I will, is whether the intersection accident and the gunfight that follows is triggered/scripted, or real-time. As in, if you don't trigger the pileup at the intersection, will the dude show up anyway and you have to figure out another way to deal with him and his cronies? I hope so. The only thing that sucks about it, is I WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.

The demo looked really, really good. However, I am not going to get my hopes up on an equally as good final product, as that is more difficult to do than make a 10 minute video. There have been so many cool concepts that have resulted in fairly poor final products that I have learned my lesson.

Regardless, sweet demo.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i had a thought

what if this is the final game in the assasins creed series

im not sure which would be more epic; if it was an original concept game, or if it really was an assasins creed finale without the name tagged on

i think im drunkn

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Pretty dern smexy. Loved the visuals. Loved the concept. Loved the hack mechanic. One thing I'm curious about, and will be a huge factor in whether I ultimately enjoy the game as much as I think I will, is whether the intersection accident and the gunfight that follows is triggered/scripted, or real-time. As in, if you don't trigger the pileup at the intersection, will the dude show up anyway and you have to figure out another way to deal with him and his cronies? I hope so. The only thing that sucks about it, is I WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.
    I agree. I was loving it until the firefight started and the guy started one-man-army-ing the place. Enemies started firing straight away too, which came as a lame surprise because the main character was undercover the whole time. And in contrast to as how realistic everyone behaved up to that moment, these goons were your standard mindless kill-kill-kill robots. I'd like to see them crawling out of their cars, semi-helpless, making their way to the big man to rescue him. The multiplayer aspect seems interesting though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Visually stunning and the concept is cool. I'm with Bunny on this one - I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not going to get carried away yet.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I also have a wait and see approach. I am interested, but I am going to wait for more info to come out before I decide to go all crazy.

Blog Entries

My reaction during the first five minutes: Hmm, this looks pretty cool. Finally a proper open-ended sneaking game that isn't Deus Ex! Jamming electrical equipment! Sneaking past security! Eavesdropping on conversations! This looks pretty good.

My reaction after he walks outside: Okay so what now, are we going to wait for him to appear and follow him in or someth - ok that traffic light thing was pretty coo - wow a car crash! And...explosions, and...oh, right. Ho-hum, gun down guards, soak up bullets, cause big bangs, whatever.

This game isn't new or revolutionary. I had high hopes up until he started sliding over the tops of vehicles and gunning down waves of bodyguards armed with assault rifles. I've played this game one hundred times before. How hard is it to just make the espionage and gathering information part the actual game instead of wasting a nice buildup with big, unrealistic firefights and blowing up civilians?

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    My reaction during the first five minutes: Hmm, this looks pretty cool. Finally a proper open-ended sneaking game that isn't Deus Ex! Jamming electrical equipment! Sneaking past security! Eavesdropping on conversations! This looks pretty good.

My reaction after he walks outside: Okay so what now, are we going to wait for him to appear and follow him in or someth - ok that traffic light thing was pretty coo - wow a car crash! And...explosions, and...oh, right. Ho-hum, gun down guards, soak up bullets, cause big bangs, whatever.

This game isn't new or revolutionary. I had high hopes up until he started sliding over the tops of vehicles and gunning down waves of bodyguards armed with assault rifles. I've played this game one hundred times before. How hard is it to just make the espionage and gathering information part the actual game instead of wasting a nice buildup with big, unrealistic firefights and blowing up civilians?
    Sums up my thoughts, too. I don't mind gunfights, but make them different. If you're an espionage expert, don't be a firearms expert as well. Make it so you need to rely on hacking in order to get out of really tricky situations, and otherwise make the gunfights against one or two goons instead of ten.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

PS4/Xbox 720

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

What mold anus said.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno what you guys are on about I could just walk around and troll people's phones and do nothing else and I'd be content; I don't give a wooden nickel about the plot or the gunfights or anything else

GOTYAY

Some people don't want new big-budget games to appeal to anyone but them.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

yeah but maybe at one point or another you'd want to finish the game too, and then suddenly you can't avoid the "i can soak up 500 bullets without dying" part
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

yeah but I don't care about that stuff Mirage

I mean my favorite Xbox 360 game is Earth Defense Force 2017 which is about giant UFOs and stuff sitting there and lasering me in the face for one twentieth of my health

I just care about how in Watch Dogs when you mess up everyone's phone, like 20 different people react

Beautiful!