Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Show VS Movies

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Check out sites like Sidereel if you're having trouble finding tv shows. I watch a ton of my shows from there.

The problem with television shows is that there has been nothing on TV NEW that has actually been good in years with the exception of some things people have listed in here (Dexter, Breaking Bad, etc.). Most television shows that I do watch are ones that you've mentioned which were all from a while ago.
    I don't think that's true. In the past season alone you have Sherlock, Breaking Bad, Homeland, Downton Abbey, The Killing, The Borgias, Game of Thrones, Parks & Rec, Modern Family, Raising Hope, Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Damages, Boardwalk Empire, Community, The Good Wife.

Combined, these shows have over 100 hours of quality television.

And that's not even counting guilty pleasure shows like The Walking Dead.

It's totally cool that you prefer movies to tv shows. I just think it's weird to claim that that most tv shows are tit, or that there hasn't been anything good in years.
    Last edited by Miriel; 06-08-2012 at 09:59 AM.

TV comedies are about a hundred million times as funny as movie comedies. Just throwing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Well yeah, of course there are many crappy movies. The good thing is that I can pick and choose the movies I want to watch exclusively. With television it's just what's on the air. I don't have much control over what I watch when it comes to that and I'm not going to pay for Hulu to watch stuff that I want to see when I want to see it. It should just already be available and good. Since I don't have Hulu or stuff like that I mainly just view everything either from collection of movies people I know have or from what's airing and available to me on my cable plan.
    Basically, you want to watch TV shows on demand, but you're not willing to pay a few bucks a month for TV on demand. Aren't you in the States, anyway? You know there's a free version of Hulu, right? And why do you have cable?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It all amounts to me being poor. (And new TV being tit)

When I can I will try to catch things on my friend's Hulu or NetFlix, but they're so far between that I eventually give up on the series because I've missed so much. Many of the shows I like end up canceled anyway. If you can find me a better alternative I may actually start watching more television.

Right now only going to watch Game of Thrones because it's on HBO Demand and my household is subscribed to that.

With that said not all new TV is trout, but that doesn't always stop me from watching train wrecks. I actually think The Walking Dead is quite troutty and I still watch it. Horrible writing at times, but it's zombies so whatevs.

I'm confused.

Do you go see movies in the theater?

Also you completely contradicted yourself.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Let's start an internet argument about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    EVERYONE HEARD IT. HE GAVE ME PERMISSION. YOU CANNOT FIGHT THIS IT IS HAPPENING.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I watch both, but I agree in general movies are more entertaining than TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Fictional Wife: Honey, come to bed!
    Me: I can't. There is an urgent matter that demands my attention.
    Fictional Wife: What is it?
    Me: Someone is wrong​ on the Internet!

Hi..Friends.........
    I like both movies and TV shows. But if you ask that what i prefer to see than i say movies. Movies are the love for me i like to movies rather than TV shows. But there are some TV shows that i really like to see are Teen Wolf, The Big Bang Theory, True Blood.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your views about this topic ............

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

rosemarie you are now my favorite bot ever. Sorry, Archie.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    rosemarie you are now my favorite bot ever. Sorry, Archie.
    These bots with their actual threads and posts and stuff are creeping me out. Friggin' Skynet.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    With that said not all new TV is tit, but that doesn't always stop me from watching train wrecks. I actually think The Walking Dead is quite titty and I still watch it. Horrible writing at times, but it's zombies so whatevs.
    I totally agree with this! Walking Dead is an absolutely horrible show in terms of writing/editing/acting and a whole lot of times, it just plain does not make sense. The characters are idiots. And I also think it's one of the most overtly sexist and racist shows on television. I mean Jesus christ, T-Dog. Really. T-smurfing-dog is the name of the black character. And I smurfing hate Carl.

But I still watch it. There are good shows and then there are shows that despite their flaws, still happen to interest you. The Bachelor, Extreme Couponing, and the Walking Dead all hold my interest, despite being terrible shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    And I also think it's one of the most overtly sexist and racist shows on television. I mean Jesus christ, T-Dog. Really. T-smurfing-dog is the name of the black character.
    Oh, I dunno. There are some pretty strong female characters in it. It's basically just Lori who sucks. If every woman was like Lori, I'd be a total misogynist.

The black guy is a non-character at this point, yeah. He's not in the comics. The comics have several strong black characters. Speaking of which, wait until you see Michonne in action next season. Black and female and the best character in the whole damn thing. ;P

All of the characters on Walking Dead are pretty retarded. It's probably the must frustrating show I have ever seen.