Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Show VS Movies

Default TV Show VS Movies

Hello Everyone,

I like to watch movies rather than TV Shows..
    I think Movies are more entertaining than TV Shows.....

What do you like to watch TV Shows OR Movies???
    Last edited by rosemarie; 06-18-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Toasting in a bot bread.

Also, I rarely watch either anymore, but overall I probably watch more movies.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

sherlock
    and then it's like i'm watching both
    cause i am

I'm not a movie person much. I'll see some occasionally, but I don't get all hyped up like some people.

For me, it's TV. But even then, when I'm at school, I don't watch much outside of sporting events.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I definitely watch more TV. Fewer movies have been appealing to me. TV has come a long way that for many shows (like Game of Thrones) each episode has the production value of a movie.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I watch both but like watch movies than tv shows.i love movies.
    watch thousand of free Online Movies

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

TV shows, definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A good mix of both, but I rarely ever watch tv shows on their first run. I'm working my way through Breaking Bad right now so I can watch the final season as a first run and after that I'll probably watch the first season of Game of Thrones then Supernatural.

And I have the first seasons of Justified on DVD because it was hella cheap and I know even if it's not great Timothy Olyphant is sexy.

Signature by rubah. I think.

And I have the first seasons of Justified on DVD because it was hella cheap and I know even if it's not great Timothy Olyphant is sexy.
    The first season was surprisingly good. I should catch up on that.

I watch more television than movies because of the expanded time frame that it has to tell a story. Shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are perfect examples of the current superiority of television over movies.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I watch a lot more movies but that's because they're smaller, more bitesized morsels. I love Game of Thrones like everybody else in here but sometimes I don't want a smurfing cliff hanger to torment me all day, I want it all wrapped up in the end.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I exclusively watch movies rather than TV. That's because most of TV is garbage. I prefer to watch television shows without commercial breaks, laugh tracks, and that are like films. I will be getting into watching the new and old seasons of Breaking Bad and when it comes out, the new season of Walking Dead. I might give this Game of Thrones everyone's been talking about a try. Other then that, meh.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I tend to go through cycles of watching one more than the other. Right now I'm in a TV cycle, but I can feel a movie cycle coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I watch more television than movies because of the expanded time frame that it has to tell a story. Shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are perfect examples of the current superiority of television over movies.
    I agree with this on one level. At the same time, a lot of shows lose sight of this and keep running just because they're lucrative. If the writers are good (e.g. Dexter, where every season is one story in itself) they might still manage to tell a good story, but too often there's just no story to tell anymore. In that sense movies can be superior because it's easier to keep the story on track. Certain sequels excepted...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I exclusively watch movies rather than TV. That's because most of TV is garbage. I prefer to watch television shows without commercial breaks, laugh tracks, and that are like films. I will be getting into watching the new and old seasons of Breaking Bad and when it comes out, the new season of Walking Dead. I might give this Game of Thrones everyone's been talking about a try. Other then that, meh.
    But there is a titton of bad movies too.

I watch more TV than movies just for the simple reason that it's more accessible. It's way easier to watch an episode of TV before going to bed, than watch a movie. And literally, it comes right to your living room. And it's a ton easier to stream and watch online versus a movie. The time investment is smaller, and there's a familiarity there that makes it easier for you to jump right in.

I usually only get really into movies during oscar season when I try and watch as many of the good stuff released in Nov/Dec. And of course the occasional summer blockbusters. I'll sometimes randomly watch older movies on Netflix but it's such a bitch scrolling through and trying to find something good.

And I agree that there's a lot of great TV out there right now, but I think there's always been great TV. I grew up on I Love Lucy and the Twilight Zone.

Right now, there's SO many good shows that are airing, or recently finished airing a season. And some are better than their movie counterparts. Check out the BBC's Sherlock. Such a mesmerizing show. Just brilliant stuff and better than the movies (which were decent).

And Parks & Recreation is funnier than anything I've seen in the movies in a loooong time. Gutbusting funny.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well yeah, of course there are many crappy movies. The good thing is that I can pick and choose the movies I want to watch exclusively. With television it's just what's on the air. I don't have much control over what I watch when it comes to that and I'm not going to pay for Hulu to watch stuff that I want to see when I want to see it. It should just already be available and good. Since I don't have Hulu or stuff like that I mainly just view everything either from collection of movies people I know have or from what's airing and available to me on my cable plan.

The problem with television shows is that there has been nothing on TV NEW that has actually been good in years with the exception of some things people have listed in here (Dexter, Breaking Bad, etc.). Most television shows that I do watch are ones that you've mentioned which were all from a while ago.

But the same reasons you prefer television are why I prefer movies. It's more accessible to me and I can just watch a bunch of stuff before I go to bed in the comfort of my bedroom. I have a lot of movie cable channels.