Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy III for PSP

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think I'll pass on this one. I love playing FF games on my PSP, but this is basically the same game as the DS version with a few bells and whistles. I actually wish Square-Enix would put out a 2D polished version like they did with FFI, FFII, and FFIV.

Basically, if I never got my DS version, I would be down with this.

Yeah, we've got like three games for the DS and my PSP is broken so I need to pick up the DS version for this sometime soon.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I was also hoping for a 2D HD remake. It's a shame that FFIII has yet to have a 2D re-release like all the other games from FF1-6. The two screenshots for the WSC release looked really promising.

At least FFIII finally makes it debut on a Sony system.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Actually come to think of it having a version where I can do the Mognet sidequest without needing to arse about trying to use a router on a really exact security setting in order to do so would be very nice indeed, as I'm very fond of FF3 on the whole.
    I feel you have come up with the most legitimate reason for buying this game.

It's coming THIS TUESDAY!!!

Final Fantasy III Coming to PSN Tuesday – PlayStation Blog

It'll be released as a downloadable PSP title thru the PS Store.

Articles
    Blog Entries

LOL @ the 51 million Vita related questions on that PS Blog post... Everyone here knows I'm a Sony guy, but I kinda feel bad for those kids commenting on the blog who are so attached to the brand, post after post with their child-like, innocent optimism that their Vita will be a part of it... only to be rejected.

Well they weren't exactly rejected and I'm sure someday FFIII will be added to the PS Vita supported titles. But until then you can always get around it: Download to PS3, Don't install it, copy directly to PS Vita. Simple and easy way to get non-Vita supported PSP titles to work!

EDIT: Square Enix just confirmed it will be PS Vita Compatible!
    Now you can experience FINAL FANTASY III and take the experience portably through the PlayStation Portable (PSP) and PlayStation Vita (PSVita)! All your favorite FINAL FANTASY titles from the PlayStation era are available at the palm of your hand, a thrilling experience for any Sony user!
    http://na.square-enix.com/finalfanta...le_now_for_psp
    Last edited by nirojan; 09-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, at least some people that still haven't played the game in English will get a new opportunity. Do you think they might change the difficulty settings? 'Cause I heard that, due to the DS's cartridge limitations, they couldn't fit as many monsters on screen as the original SNES version, so they just made the enemies stronger. Do you think they'll return to more monsters this time?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I probably won't get this. I've never played this game, but I have no desire to. It seems that anything below FFIV is only worth playing for nostalgia's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I probably won't get this. I've never played this game, but I have no desire to. It seems that anything below FFIV is only worth playing for nostalgia's sake.
    It is a pretty good game in its own right. Pretty outdated by todays standards, but very much worth playing and quite ahead of its time in some aspects.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    At least FFIII finally makes it debut on a Sony system.
    >>> And only took like 22 years!!... hahahahahahahahaha!!!.

smurf you SE
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Someone doesn't understand Final Fantasy! Given that FFIII's DS remake gave the game an actual storyline and characters, then I can't see why you wouldn't wanna play it.

I just bought it for the Vita. The rearranged soundtrack is nice! It feels a little awkward having the DS graphics running on the Vita, but I'll persevere for the chance to finally play this! (I tried the NES version and I just couldn't get on with it)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Someone doesn't understand Final Fantasy! Given that FFIII's DS remake gave the game an actual storyline and characters, then I can't see why you wouldn't wanna play it.
    I gotta co-sign this. The remakes are all awesome. Especially FFIII. It's my favorite game for the DS, and that was a monster system for RPGs.

I'm also a huge fan of the FFI & II remakes. I personally enjoy FFII more than FFIV and VI. Yeah, I'm insane, I get it. The FFI one is awesome as well, the only design flaw the game carries over from the NES original is the whole weird mystic key thing that's just out of the ordinary. It's actually still pretty cool...

It's Vita compatible!
    "You can download Final Fantasy III on the Vita store starting today No update on 5 though."

With yesterday's PS Store update, FFIII (PSP version) is now supported on the Vita. Apparently it was initially launched on both the Vita and PSP storefronts, but a few hours in, Sony yanked it from the Vita store. It's now available to download directly without having to use the workaround

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Actually come to think of it having a version where I can do the Mognet sidequest without needing to arse about trying to use a router on a really exact security setting in order to do so would be very nice indeed, as I'm very fond of FF3 on the whole.
    This is pretty much the reason why I wanted to try out the PSP version. The DS version was a nice remake, but I could never be bothered to finish it, especially since you needed Wi-Fi to do all the side quests. With the PSP version, I'll have a reason to give this game another try, and hopefully I can do the side quests this time. I've played FFIII PSP for 2-3 hours now, and so far I've enjoyed it. It could be just me, but the graphics seem a bit more polished than in the DS version. What I like about the soundtrack is that you can choose either the original 8-bit music from the NES version, or the rearranged soundtrack from the DS version.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi