I actually loved Odin and Quetzalcotl.

I'm not sure why, really. I think I just like their visual appeal best
    ​a calm sea never made a skillful sailor | MILLIEGOESBEEP

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Everyone knows I hate FFVIII

But I really like the art of Siren and Shiva, cos they're pretty. Shallow, I know. And Carbuncle is cute, to echo other people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

For looks quetzacotl, for utility, EDEN! Was there any other you could max (I button mash fast but still) or that did more damage?
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, aura triangle triangle dpad right renzokuken+lionheart.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've always had a special connection with the first two summons Shiva and Quetzalcoatl, much like how I've always had a connection with Choco/Mog from VII.

Doomtrain, while slightly long to obtain, is easily my favourite battle GF. I didn't really see much point in Cerberus. I never really used them much.

I would say Carbuncle but I only summon him once every time during the Parade. Guess Doomtrain because it's so badass.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think Diablos is one of the most interesting GFs, though generally pretty useless in battle. I quite liked the Brothers initially, but the novelty quickly wore off. Most useful would probably be Cerberus, while personal favourites include Alexander, Quetzacotl, and Leviathan.

I love Leviathan's animation the most. Which I use is simply whatever's the best though.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I really liked Bahamut in this game. During my initial play through I was disappointed to find that there were multiple versions of him like in VII (which had been the first FF I had beaten). Dragons are pretty awesome. Alexander and Diablos tie for second for being the two coolest looking after Bahamut.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Shorty on being sentimental about the first few GFs you receive, however...

More so than having a specific favorite GF I have favorite pairings of party members and GFs. For example, I always put Ifrit on Zell because of their fiery attitudes, I always put Shiva with Squall because they're cold...etc etc. I remember on certain playthroughs junctioning GFs to people who's outfit was the closest color to theirs.

My favorite GF animation to watch is probably the brothers, which in text form looks something like *rock paper scissors sad face KABLAAM!!!!*

I'm also a big fan of Odin. Even though he comes in at random, I still wish there was a menu screen for him where you could learn some stats or get abilities from.

I love Quetzocal or however he is spelt. I know, I never got past disc 1, but hey! HE TURNS MONSTERS INTO PLAYING CARDS! So you can say "Yeah, I beat you with this monster I fought! Hah!"
    Cool. He also gets stuff for better weapons FROM those cards. Seriously. If that isn't cool, what is?

Diablos... its hilarious how you acquire him.

I don't tend to use them that much, purely because it takes a while to summon them, and by the time you have magic at your disposal they sort of become obsolete. But in terms of design, I liked all of them. The Brothers and Carbuncle were very cute, Doomtrain and Diablos both kick a** and then you have the classics: Bahamut, Leviathan, Shiva and Ifrit. This was probably my favourite Bahamut design and Shiva and Ifrit were second only to X.
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Ifrit is completely smurfin' badass in this game.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braver View Post
    I love Quetzocal or however he is spelt. I know, I never got past disc 1, but hey! HE TURNS MONSTERS INTO PLAYING CARDS! So you can say "Yeah, I beat you with this monster I fought! Hah!"
    Cool. He also gets stuff for better weapons FROM those cards. Seriously. If that isn't cool, what is?
    Yeah, I like having card mod. If I recall correctly, it lets you get some of Squall's highest tier weapons before you even leave the Balamb area.