Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So who is your favorite GF?

I hate this game.

But between Thomas the Doom Train and Satan himself, I'd say my favorite is... Siren. Or Doom Train.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    I love Leviathan's animation the most. Which I use is simply whatever's the best though.
    Now that I think about it, there's something to me that looks "edible" about when the water falls down the rock wall in Leviathan's animation. It almost looks like a solid, like a blue jello or something that I want to eat whenever I watch it. Same as the first seconds of when the animation starts before Leviathan solidifies, it looks like a wiggly jello stick I want to chomp down.

Final Fantasy VIII Summon: Leviathan - YouTube

Just like KotR in VII and Ark in IX, I'm more partial to the long and hard summons, so I go with Eden.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Diablos, Leviathan, Ifrit, and Doomtrain (because the idea of summoning a train to plow through an enemy is hilarious to me). Really all the summons are handled pretty well. Brothers get special mention.
    "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

Blog Entries

Only FFX's Shiva is better than VIII's. I'll go with her.
    Doomtrain's awesome too though. Quezacotl deserves a mention (if I've spelled it right). I mean... it's a big green lightning bird.

For practical purposes, Doomtrain is very handy with a nice animation to go along with it, and Cerberus is also useful for particularly tough boss battles.

Otherwise, I love Shiva's design and summon animation, and Bahamut, Alexander, and Leviathan are always cool. The animations for Tonberry and Brothers are undeniably quite funny! I'm gonna echo the previous sentiments that Diablos is a badass design who's unfortunately close to useless in battle.

I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Only FFX's Shiva is better than VIII's. I'll go with her.
    Doomtrain's awesome too though. Quezacotl deserves a mention (if I've spelled it right). I mean... it's a big green lightning bird.
    Que(t)zalcoatl/Quezacotl is no bird, it is a feathered snake. Quatls/Coatls are feathered snakes.

Bahamut and Doomtrain are my favourites here. Diabolos is also very cool, of course.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shiva.

Doomtrain, because he is a demon AND a train.

I feel that for Doomtrain to be complete, we need to see Hades from FFVII serving as the train conductor.

FFVIII has the best Shiva the series has ever had.

I like most of the GFs. Not a huge fan of Eden though. It's just a big blob. Not really awesome enough to be a great GF.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Diablos hands down.

I remember the first time I played the game and Cid gave me that lamp I was totally unaware that a battle would come and I barely defeated him, was really lucky.
    Then when I first used it, I saw he casting this big badass dark ball and my controller vibrated like crazy and then i was like OMG that's so cool.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Maybe I was always just superstitious, but I recall Diablos hitting the enemy frequently if he was the first spell casted in combat. I never had any luck with his summon if I tried to use it anytime after the opening round. He probably gets my vote for favorite GF as well. His animation was awesome and taught some of my favorite abilities (Mug, Encounter none and darkside!)

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

True story: After seeing the discussions over Selphie, Quistis and Rinoa in other threads I came into this thread at first thinking "it's a who's your favourite girlfriend thread - this should be interesting" and then I realised it was about Guardian Forces.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    True story: After seeing the discussions over Selphie, Quistis and Rinoa in other threads I came into this thread at first thinking "it's a who's your favourite girlfriend thread - this should be interesting" and then I realised it was about Guardian Forces.

If that were the case, I would choose Rinoa!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRender View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post

If that were the case, I would choose Rinoa!
    Why would you not choose Quistis?