Thread: Cheaters never prosper, except in games.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Default Cheaters never prosper, except in games.

I'm playing a Victoria 2 game where I'm just all out cheating for no other reason than laughs. I'm playing Canada and I declared war on the USA while having no military and then used cheat codes to force them to give me stuff anyway /smug because really I just want to laugh at the ridiculous map.

Do you cheat in games for fun sometimes?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Nope. Cheating is for winners.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I am a firm believer that using save-states in Mega Man games greatly enhances the experience. I can handle getting my ass kicked by a boss a dozen times as I learn to fight them, what I can't stand is having to repeatedly slog through the same level multiple times in order to keep facing him. As a mater of fact by being able to face bosses in rapid succession it actually encourages me to learn to beat them well, and even try lots of handicapping playthoughs. (No special weapons, etc...)

Other than that I think my cheating is confined to RTS games, and as fun as it is it is only satisfying for a little while. Not that I am an RTS aficionado anyways.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Used to mess around with cheats in the older GTA games after I beat them, but it's been ages since I last cheated.

Cheats don't exist any more. (SPOILER)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to cheat ALL THE TIME back in the 16bit days. Granted, I beat the games without cheating too, but if I ever felt like blowing through an RPG, I put a fast level code and and sat back and enjoyed the story without worrying about grinding or whatever.

I did that so much that I have burned myself out from cheating ever since. Hell, I never used any cheats in the GTA games (except for a couple of times in III just to see what they were like)!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Yeah, those cheats were awesome too. I always liked cheats that did silly things like that. I loved putting the paintball cheat in Goldeneye, for example.

Blog Entries

Speeding the game up with an emulator is one way I like to cheat. FF5 JP Farming amirite?

But when it comes to doing it for laughs, there were some neat things you could do in PSO. I still remember going to the lobby and getting wedged into the corner just the right way so I'd be standing in the pillar.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I only played GTA III and Vice City with cheats. I just, did. I remember after playing San Andreas for a while that I wanted to try and play without cheating. And it was still fun. So I did, unless I wanted to smurf about with jets. Those games are a lot harder when you don't start the game with rockets.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love cheats/hacks/glitches in games. They add more replay value once you beat the game normally.