After a long time, i saw myself longing with the good plot of final fantasy VIII. i was watching some CG´s, and i decided to read one of those long plot analysis. More to understand things i never did, because i played the game when i was ten, and in that time, i didn´t had any knowledge in english language(i'm brazilian). Came to everybody that ultimecia´s destiny was very unclear by the game. My opinion, regardless of what she is, or from where she came, is that, when ultimecia´s is finally defeated, time is compressed, right? so she can go to any place of the timeline( thinking in time like an infinite line ), and passes her power´s to edea. Sure Squall had to let this happen, if he doesn't, every events past in FFVIII would never happened, the SeeDs, the gardens, Squall meeting Rinoa, their love story, would never took place in time. So it happened, Ultimecia passed her power´s to edea, who did that to protect the chidren. So if you think, you can see that Ultimecia´s power was trapped, sealed in time! Starting in when Edea recieve the powers, to when she is defeated! That means, in the future, will be no Ultimecia, because her powers only exist´s in the part of time that edea is possesed, to when she is defeated. So we can think that she really is defeated, because for the squall who defeated her, he will never meet her anymore. One of greatest games ever for me, hand to hand with Final Fantasy X, whose ending is really sadder. I've cried a lot in both endings.