Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ending analysis.

Default My ending analysis.

After a long time, i saw myself longing with the good plot of final fantasy VIII. i was watching some CG´s, and i decided to read one of those long plot analysis. More to understand things i never did, because i played the game when i was ten, and in that time, i didn´t had any knowledge in english language(i'm brazilian). Came to everybody that ultimecia´s destiny was very unclear by the game. My opinion, regardless of what she is, or from where she came, is that, when ultimecia´s is finally defeated, time is compressed, right? so she can go to any place of the timeline( thinking in time like an infinite line ), and passes her power´s to edea. Sure Squall had to let this happen, if he doesn't, every events past in FFVIII would never happened, the SeeDs, the gardens, Squall meeting Rinoa, their love story, would never took place in time. So it happened, Ultimecia passed her power´s to edea, who did that to protect the chidren. So if you think, you can see that Ultimecia´s power was trapped, sealed in time! Starting in when Edea recieve the powers, to when she is defeated! That means, in the future, will be no Ultimecia, because her powers only exist´s in the part of time that edea is possesed, to when she is defeated. So we can think that she really is defeated, because for the squall who defeated her, he will never meet her anymore. One of greatest games ever for me, hand to hand with Final Fantasy X, whose ending is really sadder. I've cried a lot in both endings.

Blog Entries

It's a shame that Final Fantasy VIII had no actual explanation of many of the terms and anomalies it presents. The ending probably would've been clearer, and you, my poor man, would not have to be so confused.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Still my favourite FF ending. My analysis of it is simple - Squall isn't dead and Rinoa isn't Ultimecia. Zell chokes on hot dogs, everyone else is happy.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

I really wish Zell had died from that.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

You're such a ray of sunshine about this game!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Just one ray? Look, I'm the whole ultraviolet experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Downing View Post
    Still my favourite FF ending. My analysis of it is simple - Squall isn't dead and Rinoa isn't Ultimecia. Zell chokes on hot dogs, everyone else is happy.
    this is the way that i will remember the game

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

There were so many cool concepts that they threw in without sitting down to explain them. Time travel, or at least time distortion (or compression, whatever) is not something you can just do without giving it kind of an explanation or a resolution. It just leaves you feeling empty. Sure, okay, it's stuck in an infinity loop, but doesn't that just give you the same empty feeling? Nothing you did changed anything. You couldn't have failed because you already did it that way in the cycle before.

This kind of nonsense is why I enjoyed this fanfic so much. It's a complete rewrite of the story, explaining a lot of things and giving Squall a lot more depth without changing his personality. It really is amazing.
    Last edited by Jiro; 06-18-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Time Compression was one of the stupidest things ever.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

*kompression

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    *kompression
    Finish him!

I agree with the game being confusing, but I still enjoy it.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The background lore of the game could have been presented better.

I think it's interesting that they really don't offer much an explanation to the origin of Ellone's power or her connection to the Sorceress power.

The concept of Sorceresses is a little hazy, too, as many people were left confused as to whether Sorceresses live until they are defeated or if they live a normal lifespan. I, myself, am not that sure what the full aspect of the Sorceress power is -- it appears to be the ability to use magic without the use of a Guardian Force or junctioning.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I've always been annoyed that the Sorceress/Witches are not explained very well. I mean we get an interesting history concerning the origins of the Sorceress through the god, Hyne; yet it never goes anywhere. I sometimes wonder if Ultimecia's real goal was to become the new Hyne by compressing time, but I guess we'll never really know unless VIII somehow got a resurgence of interest again.

I feel that what most likely happens if a Sorceress dies is that they basically become a mindless zombie propelled by magic, to seek out a new host. Ultimecia didn't exactly seem all together when she gave Edea her powers.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe translations from the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania will have some of the answers to things anyone is curious about. I personally don't mind a few questions left unanswered, because it allows me to fill in the blanks with whatever I want and make the story more personal to my preferences.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The VIII ultimania really doesn't say much to be honest, outside of specs on some of the vehicles, revealing that Sorceress have normal life spans and the gender of Angelo, there is very little else the Ultimania reveals that isn't already in the game. Though the 20th Anniversary FF Ultimania does confirm a few things the the original Ultimania and game never outright confirmed, such as Squall and Laguna being related.