Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who plays Pokemon!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack's Crotch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Damn you all! I started playing Emerald last night & despite not not recognizing most of the Pokemon I've encountered thus far I quite like the game
    Hint. Before you leave the first town with a gym (where your dad is) go back to the grassy area right before it and catch a ralts.
    Already caught one, is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack's Crotch View Post
    Damn you all! I started playing Emerald last night & despite not not recognizing most of the Pokemon I've encountered thus far I quite like the game
    Hint. Before you leave the first town with a gym (where your dad is) go back to the grassy area right before it and catch a ralts.
    Already caught one, is it any good?
    No, Ralts sucks. But it evolves to Kirlia, and then to Gardevoir, and Gardevoir is frelling awesome.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yep. only fully evolvable psychic pokemon in the game.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

A lot of what I've caught so far are pretty poor quality when compared to what you're able to catch early on in the First gen pokemon games

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just started playing Emerald too. I'm a little after my 5th gym battle. I'm actually finding I don't mind the newer generation of Pokemon as much as I did when I was younger. I used to pretty much think anything after the 2nd generation sucked. Crystal will always be my favorite version though (with Yellow close behind simply due to the Surfing Pikachu mini game that I grew addicted to as a kid).

Blog Entries

It's kind of disturbing how when we all first got Pokemon RBY for our Game Boys, Professor Oak's intro claims that Pokemon are pretty much an every day part of life and that like everyone has one.

We were all thinking, "what like dogs and cats and trout?" and our parents thought Pokemon was the most bizarre Japanese assraping that they couldn't prevent their children from being delivered, so they just shut up and let their kids do their "pokeman". and in some cultures, they were demons and a direct link between Japan and Hell.

Now, in today's real world, it seems that if you don't like pokemon, you're some kind of insensitive piece of tit with no taste. I believe this is something to keep our eyes on.

The problem there, though, is that the is a lot of ground covered by the word "Pokemon". Are you talking about the games? Or the movies, TV shows, merchandise, spin offs, etcetera?

Most people, especially those with no personal involvement with Pokemon, group everything together, in which case it is easy to hate.

I've never hated the games, quite frankly, I think they are incredible. The gameplay system is incredibly easy to get into and has a solid progression of new features. Yet it also has an astounding depth that can be min/maxed for years, and a near perfect presentation that surrounds the progression.

I hate the anime with a passion. It completely ruins everything that was great about the battle system (HINT: Thundershock will NEVER kill Onix, not even with a level 100 frelling Pikachu. IT DOESN'T HURT GROUND TYPES), is poorly written, and features "villains" who don't even merit the title.

There is a lot about the Pokemon games to love, but there is a lot to hate about Pokemon in general as well.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I'm talking about the entire franchise.

Blog Entries

Finished my 2nd gym battle in Emerald last night. The game seems to cheat when it's getting bitch slapped but I do enjoy a challenge! Ralts started out pretty crap but once it learned Confusion & Double team it became a force to be reckoned with. I almost beat all the 2nd gym leaders pokemon with it & he was 5 levels lower than the gym leaders strongest Pokemon. I'm not overly fond of my starter Pokemon (the grass type one). It has already reached it's next evolutionary stage but it's attacks lack the "bite" Ivysaur or Weepingbell had.

Yeah, in terms of what it learns, Treecko is stuck with Absorb as its only real Grass attack until level 29, and then Leaf Blade is the only other one it gets without using TMs.

Personally, I found Treecko the worst of the three starters in this gen. Both Torchic and Mudkip get some serious utility, as well as a second typing once they evolve (Torchic becomes Fire/Fighting, and Mudkip becomes Water/Ground) that gives them an extra type coverage for STAB attacks, as well as some hugely useful resistances.

Blog Entries

Yeah Treecko kinda sucks! My only other pokemon that is half decent is the one that looks like a Swallow (I've been renaming all the ones I use so I've no idea a lot of them are called). I guess il just get used to the new Pokemon & find which ones work for me. That or every time I see a 1st gen Pokemon catch them instead A few of my favorites such as Golem & Raichu are in it. Sadly no Nidoking, they're awesome

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm playing Pokemon right now.

FireRed because that was the last generation I played so I actually know what I'm doing. (Emerald was the last Pokemon game I played. And I liked it. Screw the haters!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

FireRed because that was the last generation I played so I actually know what I'm doing. (Emerald was the last Pokemon game I played. And I liked it. Screw the haters!)
    I like Emerald I'm just not mad about that generation of Pokemon but then again I grew up watching the first gen cartoon

I like Emerald I'm just not mad about that generation of Pokemon but then again I grew up watching the first gen cartoon
    Honestly, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is my least favorite generation, by far. I'm not entirely sure why, I just had issues with everything from the villains to the Pokemon to even the world setup. Something just felt off about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Honestly, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is my least favorite generation, by far. I'm not entirely sure why, I just had issues with everything from the villains to the Pokemon to even the world setup. Something just felt off about it.
    Team Aqua really are a poor mans Team Rocket! Bring back Jesse, James & Meowth any day The absence of an actual rival is another problem. May & your character are just mates who have the odd Pokemon battle here & there whereas when you battled Gary you really wanted to kick him in his spikey douche face!