Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger is awesome

Blog Entries

You're not missing much, just keep playing the SNES version and look up the cutscenes on youtube later. =)

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

I've only just started playing it for the first time, hope It lives upto the hype!
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Occasionally you play a game or watch a film and come away from it thinking "why the hell did I not watch that sooner?"

Chrono Trigger had that effect on me so hard.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Occasionally you play a game or watch a film and come away from it thinking "why the hell did I not watch that sooner?"

Chrono Trigger had that effect on me so hard.
    I played it the year it came out, but a few months after it hit shelves. I still felt that way.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chrono Trigger was the most expensive game I ever bought. I think it was like $70 when first released. That's a lot to a kid and even an adult!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Chrono Trigger was the most expensive game I ever bought. I think it was like $70 when first released. That's a lot to a kid and even an adult!
    My mom bought it for me from Toys R' Us for $80. I got it as a graduation gift of sorts. I think I'll give her a hug next time I see her.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You know, it may have been 80. I just know it was freaking expensive.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You know, it may have been 80. I just know it was freaking expensive.
    After I hugged my mom out of nowhere and she asked why. I told her thanks for buying Chrono Trigger. She then said, "That's one of the old video games I got you that cost close to $100, right?"

So yeah, probably $80 when it was new!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    After I hugged my mom out of nowhere and she asked why. I told her thanks for buying Chrono Trigger. She then said, "That's one of the old video games I got you that cost close to $100, right?"
    That is adorable Sephex.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Chrono trigger is one of my all time favorite rpgs ever. My favorite part is when you go to the zeal kingdom. It was such a different kind of game that I still have not seen many people copy. Such a great game. I just actually beat the game the other day. Never played a game like chrono trigger. I don't think I ever will. I do remember it being really expensive when my mom bought it for me when it came out. I think it was 70 dollars. I do wish square would come out with another game in the chrono line up but I am not holding my breath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Chrono Trigger is actually my favorite Squaresoft RPG, and my favorite game of all time, I don't think I've played any game as much as I've played this one. You probably would have learned about it, if we still had a Chrono Forum *glares at staff*
    Im quite sure I only found out about Chrono Trigger when I noticed a forum deditcated to it on EoFF!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

iOS version of CT also has cutscenes and bonus goodies. Best nine bucks you'll spend on an app.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time. It also has a lot of replay value. I hope you are playing the DS version because there are a few extras at the end that are pretty cool.
    I was wondering about this. I'm getting SE nostalgia and was planning on playing my VC version of Chrono Trigger. But then I thought about buying the DS version.

I was wondering, aren't there actual story changes at the end? Or did i just misread what I tried to research? I assume it's probably worth the $20 to buy it, just for the map, graphics, cutscenes, other changes. But I think I read that there is also some new content at the end that actually affects the story (besides the 1 new ending)? Or no?
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
    Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time. It also has a lot of replay value. I hope you are playing the DS version because there are a few extras at the end that are pretty cool.
    I was wondering about this. I'm getting SE nostalgia and was planning on playing my VC version of Chrono Trigger. But then I thought about buying the DS version.

I was wondering, aren't there actual story changes at the end? Or did i just misread what I tried to research? I assume it's probably worth the $20 to buy it, just for the map, graphics, cutscenes, other changes. But I think I read that there is also some new content at the end that actually affects the story (besides the 1 new ending)? Or no?
    Somewhat.

Actually, it works kind of like this. Each individual old ending is there, with the only changes being things like the translation getting cleaned up (which helps quite a bit in some sections). However, there are new endings and new dungeons which you can unlock in the game.

They only really serve as a tie to Chrono Cross (and I really don't think they work that well), but they're optional, give good rewards, and you can always choose to ignore them on replays.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All the new content is supplemental and doesn't really change anything.